Home

U of Miami? Who plays well with them and what Off Playbook?

This is a discussion on U of Miami? Who plays well with them and what Off Playbook? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
Rookie

guru8's Arena

OVR: 6
U of Miami? Who plays well with them and what Off Playbook?

Just seeing who plays with UM and how effective have you guys been with them? I still can't get my boys going in a season.
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Atlanta Braves

'Life is not a sprint, it's a marathon.. you start off fast, and now ya wheezin' in the back" - Jay-Z (2005)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: U of Miami? Who plays well with them and what Off Playbook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru8
Just seeing who plays with UM and how effective have you guys been with them? I still can't get my boys going in a season.
Year 4 in my dynasty.
Year 1: 1 loss but still ACC champs and won the national championship
Year 2: 2 losses ACC champs and Orange Bowl
Year 3: undefeated national champs
Year 4: so far 10-1

The key is to just use Duke Johnson. Especially on outside runs with his 99 speed. He's one of the best running backs I ever played with in NCAA series.now what I mean by outside runs is HB stretches and stuff, pitches in this game don't work how they should. He's also just as good up the middle too.

I do find the passing game to sometimes lead to int's especially once Stephen Morris graduates, that's why you just got to keep giving the ball to Duke. But when you do pass try to get the ball to the playmakers in space like Dorsett and Coley. You also have some good tight ends to use.

Defensively in a year or two the progression makes the young Canes D just deadly. With players like Denzel Perryman, Tracy Howard, Chickalo, Deon Bush etc all in the 90s, defense isn't much of a problem.

In summary: feed Duke Johnson.

also for future reference, you probably should of posted this in the "How is your Dynasty going thread" instead of making an individual thread.

Last edited by canesfins; 10-30-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

There is no reason you should struggle with the Hurricanes. Morris is good in year one, Olsen is good enough in year 2 and 3, and by then you should have your team recruited.

I play very similarly to how they play. I run Duke and use Dallas a lot. I also get all my WRs on the field in different packages and let them get open.

Defense is solid. I play in a league with 4 other users and I have the #1 offense in the country.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Rookie

guru8's Arena

Ok, I appreciate it. I was running the Air Raid, but running Duke and Dallas a ton. Spreading the field with the wideouts and going.
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Atlanta Braves

'Life is not a sprint, it's a marathon.. you start off fast, and now ya wheezin' in the back" - Jay-Z (2005)
Old 10-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
aka Messy Thrillz

$NevaBroke$'s Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Ok, I appreciate it. I was running the Air Raid, but running Duke and Dallas a ton. Spreading the field with the wideouts and going.
Leave the janky air raid to Okla State and Texas Tech. Miami is way too good with too many weapns for air raid. Miami runs best with spread and west coast. Your progression of current players and recruits out of south Florida should be sick as stated above. IMO "The U" is one of the Top 5 teams in this game. Hopefully you are using a good roster dl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #6
Rookie

guru8's Arena

Well said Neva Broke. Yes, I have a darn good set of rosters. I was thinking Stanford's offense to utilize O line strengths and quick game.
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Atlanta Braves

Old 10-31-2013, 01:20 PM   #7
Rookie

MINATAURO's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Well said Neva Broke. Yes, I have a darn good set of rosters. I was thinking Stanford's offense to utilize O line strengths and quick game.
Thought about this just to change it up a lil bit. Running Miami's playbook now and yes use Duke as much as possible.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
MVP

brent3419's Arena

im a miami fan and i only use their playbook. its a very good fit for that team seeing that on offense you have the duke and stephen morris. the pro style just fits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »