Home

Could Longer Time Between Releases be a Good Thing?

This is a discussion on Could Longer Time Between Releases be a Good Thing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
Rookie

JCHISENH2016's Arena

OVR: 1
Could Longer Time Between Releases be a Good Thing?

You basically see this method with every other game genre, the game companies aren't pumping out a game every single year. Instead, they take their time and make games that we all love. What if a company were to make an NCAA Football game every 2-3 years instead of once every year? They could patch in roster updates and uniforms, but they could spend more time building gameplay engines and fixing all the other "nuances" that just gets under everyone's skin. What are your thoughts, would it be worth it for the next NCAA game to have more than one year of work put into it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Falacer's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Could Longer Time Between Releases be a Good Thing?

Way back when I played both Madden and NCAA religiously I never bought the same one two years in a row. I would alternate games each year. I imagine those of us who love NCAA more than Madden will still stick with this one for quite awhile...ya know because it's most likely the last NCAA game we will see for sometime.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
Rookie

JCHISENH2016's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falacer
Way back when I played both Madden and NCAA religiously I never bought the same one two years in a row. I would alternate games each year. I imagine those of us who love NCAA more than Madden will still stick with this one for quite awhile...ya know because it's most likely the last NCAA game we will see for sometime.
I'm sure it will be the last one we see for awhile which is disappointing. I just like the idea of giving a company more time to make a more well-rounded game. But knowing EA, if they were to do that they'd probably waste all the time they had.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Considering the team is basically dissolved and those who remain were moved onto other teams, I'd say no, it's probably not good.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Considering the team is basically dissolved and those who remain were moved onto other teams, I'd say no, it's probably not good.
^This, and I disagree with the "every Other Genre" statement, because for me the first "other genre" I think of are FPSs' and they absolutely release a game every year (Only exception was Battlefield 3 to 4, but yea even Assassins creed does it.

And if you take Bethseda for example, years and years and years between Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim yet when Skyrim came out it was unplayable to about 30% of the community (PS3 Players). Same goes for Fallout 3 to fallout new vegas. Yep the game took longer than a year, yet here comes fallout new vegas and we have the same glitches from a game that came out 2 years ago.

Last but not least and what I believe to be the most relevant is EA and NBA Live. They came out with Live 10 which I personally believe was overrated, then they had their whole "NBA Elite" debacle, and now look at Live 14. Graphically it looks like 2k9 lol And the clunky robotic animations don't help either. That said I believe these companies can make these games as good as they want them to be, that said they don't because they want us to pay for DLC, Fixes, and the most obvious, next years game.

Last edited by JrueToTheGame; 11-06-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #6
Rookie

JCHISENH2016's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
^This, and I disagree with the "every Other Genre" statement, because for me the first "other genre" I think of are FPSs' and they absolutely release a game every year (Only exception was Battlefield 3 to 4, but yea even Assassins creed does it.

And if you take Bethseda for example, years and years and years between Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim yet when Skyrim came out it was unplayable to about 30% of the community (PS3 Players). Same goes for Fallout 3 to fallout new vegas. Yep the game took longer than a year, yet here comes fallout new vegas and we have the same glitches from a game that came out 2 years ago.

Last but not least and what I believe to be the most relevant is EA and NBA Live. They came out with Live 10 which I personally believe was overrated, then they had their whole "NBA Elite" debacle, and now look at Live 14. Graphically it looks like 2k9 lol And the clunky robotic animations don't help either. That said I believe these companies can make these games as good as they want them to be, that said they don't because they want us to pay for DLC, Fixes, and the most obvious, next years game.
It is a great point that they really just want you to buy DLC and next year's game, I thought maybe giving them more time to put these games together would allow them to make a product we truly enjoy, but knowing EA Sports, I am sure they're just happy with the money.
Also, you are very right about Live 14. It looks like an outdated current-gen game and it is embarrassing that they are trying to put that up against 2k
Old 11-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #7
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHISENH2016
You basically see this method with every other game genre, the game companies aren't pumping out a game every single year. Instead, they take their time and make games that we all love. What if a company were to make an NCAA Football game every 2-3 years instead of once every year? They could patch in roster updates and uniforms, but they could spend more time building gameplay engines and fixing all the other "nuances" that just gets under everyone's skin. What are your thoughts, would it be worth it for the next NCAA game to have more than one year of work put into it?
Ihave always felt this would be best, so we didnt get half done game like we get now days. I always had hoped College hoops would come back, so I think its just wishful thinking on our part. These fools like Ed O'Bannon have ruined it for us college basketball and football fans, and I doubt we ever get thos games back.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #8
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I have always said that we shouldn't get a new game every year. Every other year would work and they wouldn't have to rush the games out. We will never see that happen because people for the most part want a new game every year. I used to buy Madden every year but I didn't this year and have know desire too. NCAA I buy every other year, MLB The Show every other year, NBA 2K about once every 3 years. Not enough changes year to year in games to buy them every year.

Besides when NBA 2K comes out it's time to kill deer, and I need the money for that. And when MLB The Show comes out it is always right in the middle of the big Bass Pro spring sale. I only have so much money and it doesn't go far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »