Home

Couple quick questions

This is a discussion on Couple quick questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2
Couple quick questions

Hey everyone I just had a couple questions before starting my new dynasty. I wanted to start as an OC, which I have never done.
What are my duties then? Do I recruit? Just call plays or just control the offense? Do I do any special teams? Do I get to change the depth chart or formation subs?
Then in the off season, do I get to also realign conferences if I want between seasons?
Also, if I get promoted to HC in the future, does it just turn into a normal dynasty with recruiting, depth charts and all else?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Couple quick questions

I always start out as an OC/DC in any dynasty I do.

What are my duties then?
You call the plays and control the side of the ball you choose to be.

Do I recruit?
Yes, you serve as the recruiting coordinator as well.

Just call plays or just control the offense?
You get to do both. You can also run your own playbook as well.

Do I do any special teams?
No, unless the HC allows you to go on 4th down you can choose to kick a field goal if you wanted. I have had a few times where the play calling screen comes up on 4th down but it made more sense to kick.

Do I get to change the depth chart or formation subs?

Yes for both. You can set your own depth chart and do any formation subs you wish. If I am an OC then I leave the defense alone or vice versa.

Then in the off season, do I get to also realign conferences if I want between seasons?
Yes, the off season is the same as if you were a HC. You get new job offers, deal with players leaving, transfers, recruiting, position changes, training results, and all the custom conference stuff.

Also, if I get promoted to HC in the future, does it just turn into a normal dynasty with recruiting, depth charts and all else?
Once you become a HC then it is still the same as if you started off as a HC. The only thing you don't get to do in the game as a HC is choose who you hire as your OC or DC, the feature is just not in the game.

During game play when you are the OC or DC then you will only play as that side of the ball. If you are an OC then you will call all offensive plays, control the offense like normal game play, but all special teams and defense will be simed. The super sim will appear where you can sim until the next time you have the ball, sim the next play, or you can watch each play but that can take a long time because at the conclusion of each play you return to the super sim text page.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:47 AM   #3
Rookie

midero's Arena

OVR: 0

I also got a quick question (I'm new to the NCAA football series); can u see at which NFL teams your players end up after they leave your college team?
Old 11-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by midero
I also got a quick question (I'm new to the NCAA football series); can u see at which NFL teams your players end up after they leave your college team?

You can save the draft file then import it into Madden 25. That is the only way to see who drafts them and what pick they are drafted at in each round. If you don't have Madden 25, like myself, then all you know is they got drafted in "x" round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »