Home

Lack of injuries

This is a discussion on Lack of injuries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #25
Rookie

big earl's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Lack of injuries

I moved all injuries for offensive players to 40 and all defensive players to 30. Injuries are realistic in my opinion after 3 games. I've had 1 12 week injury and several injuries to miss a few series, quarters. Players getting hurt are QB, RB, WR, TE, S, CB... still no one on the O or D line has been injured.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 10:43 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 4

I normally do not have many injuries. I am in year 8 of my dynasty and play every game. After building Buffalo into a solid contender, in year 6, I lost my starting qb,rt,rb and stud wr for most of the season. They happen, just not too much which is ok with me. These were some of my best players and really hurt my chances as my depth was nil.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #27
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Yea, I'm glad being able to edit the injury attribute has a definite effect, I just wish it was consistent with respect to the linemen.

I've been running with reduced injury attribute for a few seasons now, and have only seen 2 Dline injuries and still no Oline injuries.

I also slightly reduced stamina globally, and I think there's a link to injuries, specifically that more fatigued players are more likely to suffer injury.

I agree that injuries are more realistic this way, but I get a ton of minor "will return soon" injuries, especially ones about ribs.

Overall though, I've been pleased. Losing a key starter, or one you especially like may suck when they go down, but it underscores the importance of roster depth, and it's much more fun to me because it's more realistic in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big earl
I moved all injuries for offensive players to 40 and all defensive players to 30. Injuries are realistic in my opinion after 3 games. I've had 1 12 week injury and several injuries to miss a few series, quarters. Players getting hurt are QB, RB, WR, TE, S, CB... still no one on the O or D line has been injured.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 01-09-2014, 09:49 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

I remember NCAA12 having sufficient injuries and quite enjoying the challenges they threw at me. I remember one year I lost my starting QB in the first week. He was a super prospect who was following up another super prospect who had left early. My backup was a redshirt senior who was my first recruit at the position but hadn't been good enough to beat either guy out. He didn't have the arm power but was really accurate and I ended up having a stellar season with him. I've also had numerous seasons where a running back gets injured and had to find new members of my running back committee.

What makes NCAA fun for me, opposed to Madden, is that I constantly have to replace players and my squad will be completely different every 5 years. The downside to that is that if you are a good recruiter at a good school, some players never get their day. Having a realistic number of injuries means that most talented players on my squad will play a role at some point.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:06 PM   #29
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

I hear ya. It's not that I don't like Madden, as I used to really like it, but I just prefer NCAA much more. (I haven't purchased a Madden since '04)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception
I remember NCAA12 having sufficient injuries and quite enjoying the challenges they threw at me. I remember one year I lost my starting QB in the first week. He was a super prospect who was following up another super prospect who had left early. My backup was a redshirt senior who was my first recruit at the position but hadn't been good enough to beat either guy out. He didn't have the arm power but was really accurate and I ended up having a stellar season with him. I've also had numerous seasons where a running back gets injured and had to find new members of my running back committee.

What makes NCAA fun for me, opposed to Madden, is that I constantly have to replace players and my squad will be completely different every 5 years. The downside to that is that if you are a good recruiter at a good school, some players never get their day. Having a realistic number of injuries means that most talented players on my squad will play a role at some point.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 01-10-2014, 12:37 AM   #30
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

OVR: 0

I've done the 50-30 reduction and used that in conjunction with the chart in the academically ineligible thread and found it to add a great deal of realism to the game.

IMHO, I like the fact that stuff happens that you can't control - and guess what? It happens to NCAA coaches!

As a previous post mentioned, depth is important. I jut lost 2 lineman to injury and with another injury or two, I might have to use a redshirt.

This has definitely added to my enjoyment.

Last edited by Trojan32; 01-11-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #31
Rookie

I'm going to second the motion to lower all offensive players to 40, defensive to 30, and for a little twist all o-line men and d-line men (not including defensive ends) down to 20 just to see if we can force an injury on a lineman.

[Note: It honestly is not very time consuming. Adjusting injury sliders on 70 players took me all of 10 minutes. Listen to your iPod or something and by the time the second or third song is over, you're done.]

So far, I've had my RB sit out of a few plays with benign injuries which is only a positive in my eyes as it allows my backup to get some carries - an area where auto subs haven't truly succeeded in this series.

My only problem is through a normal 9-minute quarter game, my starting QB sat out some plays during three separate occasions in the game. I might test QB injury at 50 just to see if they can still be injured, though not as frequent as 3 or 4 times a game.

Just the idea, though, that your program can face injury woes like every other CPU controlled team in the game is very exciting. I've witnessed teams like Texas A&M and Alabama implode because they lost Manziel or McCarron. The prospect of realizing such a disaster in my very own dynasty just gave this game a breath of new life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #32
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

I havent got around to moving mine yet but I will tonight. I am going to move all skill players to 25 and all linemen to 0. Ill prob play 2 or 3 games in my dynasty tonight and will post how it goes. I am using San Jose St also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »