Home

Playing one side of the ball killed my Dynasty mode

This is a discussion on Playing one side of the ball killed my Dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Playing one side of the ball killed my Dynasty mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception
I don't see what the problem is in having the coordinators call plays. Isn't that what real-life coordinators do? My only beef is with the recruiting process, I hate that it still falls on me.

For me, playing as a coordinator ups the immersion factor. I feel much less in control of the pace of the game for my team, and the stress of knowing that I need to make something happen with my side of the ball is huge. When I control both sides, I feel like I can dig myself out of any hole. When I'm playing just one side, I feel like anything less than a perfect game leaves me vulnerable for things I can't control stealing the game away from me.
understood, but I think an option that would have been implemented for the OC/Dc positions is that if you are an OC you can call plays. But on the defensive side of the ball you can control a player but not call plays.
playing one side of the ball just kills it for me. Im actually going to start a new dynasty. I tried to continue my dynasty again, but cant. Ill sim the entire season and see if I get any HC job offers.
I hate simming games.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Playing one side of the ball killed my Dynasty mode

My main gripe with the OC/DC function is that special teams are completely removed. For example, it really irks me that as a DC I don't get to be on the field during punt returns/blocks, fg/extra point attempts, and kick off. I love playing defense as I was a CB & Punt returner in HS. But I've always enjoyed trying to block punts & kicks in this game.

Side note: My buddy and I played a bunch of seasons (couch co-op) over the years where he would play Offense (& kick return) and I would play Defense (& kick off). It was a blast. I even won the Heisman a couple of times by getting sacks, INT's, having a couple blocked kicks, defensive TD's, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »