Home

What are your best dynasty stories?

This is a discussion on What are your best dynasty stories? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2015, 07:06 PM   #41
Just started!

BigJuicy9476's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are your best dynasty stories?

I was about 7-9 years into my Tulane dynasty and undefeated going into my conference championship where I played Cincinnati. I had the lead almost the entire game and was up by 17 going into the 4th quarter. Cincinnati then came back and took a 4 point lead with 30 seconds to go. I got the ball and got to the 50 with one second left and called a timeout. I then threw a prayer to my star receiver. He caught the ball at the 6-7 yard line and started running. He then got stopped at the one yard line to lose us the game and the chance to play for the national championship.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2015, 07:09 PM   #42
Just started!

BigJuicy9476's Arena

I also recently lost my conference championship to UCF while I was undefeated. I was up by 6 with 1 second to go and they were on their own 40. They threw a hail mary that was caught at the 5 and taken into the endzone for the tie and kicked the PAT for the win.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:17 PM   #43
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

In all my dynasties I "climb the ladder" if you will, start off as an OC. I'm a big time offensive guy. My favorite team is Boise State, but I never pick them because they're too good, I prefer to build a program.

Year 1 I'm an OC at Idaho. We go 7-5, NO BOWL GAME. What a ripoff!

Get a better offer and become OC Colorado state. Spend 1 year there and we go 8-4, win our bowl game (can't remember, may have been Poinsettia). That year I had the #3 scoring offense with around 42 PPG, #20 something passing and #30 something rushing. That year Boise won the national championship.

Again get a new offer... THE Ohio State University. I am not an Ohio State fan AT ALL, but its good experience. Spend one year as an OC there under Urban, undefeated national champs. Played against Boise State, in their 2nd straight national championship run to win 55-45. Bittersweet to beat your favorite school lol. #1 scoring offense with 50+ PPG, #3 passing with around 350 a game, #20 rushing with about 200 a game or so, averaged nearly 600 yards of offense a game. Clearly, this season was a MAJOR boost on my skill tree.

Get my first head coaching offer at Umass and take it. My skill tree was built and I had an "A" prestige after the Ohio State gig. I got offers from bigger schools but it felt unrealistic to make that leap with no HC experience.

Spent 2 years at Umass, 6-6 (no bowl, 2 AA opponents) and 8-4, with some rinky dink bowl win. As luck would have it, Boise faced a sharp decline after the Ohio State loss in the national championship. 7-5, then 4-8.

I spent one more year at Umass and compiled their first FBS 10 win season, MAC champions. Lost the bowl game to a mid level team from a power 5...cant remember anymore.

Boise State that year? 2-10. 7-5, 4-8, 2-10...they said enough is enough and let the coach go! Since I picked them as my alma mater, I got the offer.

I took over a Boise program that had plummeted to 78 overall and 3 stars.

Its still my longest running dynasty. Cant let the dream job go! 7 years into the job, 5 national titles (last 4 in a row). Now in the BIG 12 conference. I don't play it much because even with the sliders all changed its not too challenging. Plus with all those titles and extra BCS money I wish I could modify things...like expand the stadium etc etc. Kind of unrealistic to win so many titles and be a 6 star program...with a stadium that seats 37k.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:12 PM   #44
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

I was looking back at my notebook from my year playing NCAA 2010 and I found a dynasty that I ran for 23 years. I started with Ohio, left for Navy, left for Georgia, then lastly left for my favorite team ND which went 2-9 the year before. After my first season with them (we went 5-6) I landed a 5* QB, a 4* RB, 2 4* WR, 2 4* OLinemen, 1 5* DT, 2 4* LB, and 2 4*CB. The next 4 seasons we went 42-6. We won 2 Titles, lost 1 title, and lost another bowl game. Sometimes I feel what happens in my dynasties should be written in a novel. I personally think that someone could write novels just going off of any NCAA Football game and story lines they have implemented in their dynasty.

Last edited by TheRosterMaster; 12-02-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:15 AM   #45
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

In 2018 I got a Job offer to coach UNC. I accepted the offer seeing as they had a decent team but they were doing pretty bad in the past years.
I dont remember much but i do know we did pretty decent. coming up to a game versing Georgia Tech. It was literally the best game i ever played. We ended up going to 6OT and our defense got the win stopping them on fourth down!
After that we ended up having a lot of momentum and made it to the ACC championship game on a 7-5 record, vs FSU (who won all the ACC Championship games in this dynasty so far).
We luckily did get the upset on a last minute interception if i remember correctly. With that win we got a invite to a NY6 Bowl Game going against #14 Cincinnati. I thought it was going to be a piece of cake... we ended up losing like 56-14. We finised 8-6.

After That season we went like 7-5 and i left because all my good players left.

I do still think i have that Dynasty file..may load it up and play lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2015, 09:56 AM   #46
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Not Dynasty but RTG I was undefeated in the SEC championship game I think and if we won there we would go to the National Championship. Anyways after I think 6 OT's I go to scramble for the TD to send it to a 7th and am stopped inches short. This was in year 2 after losing in the national championship in year one to a Hail Mary. Would miss the championship in year three and in my senior year we finally won it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2015, 01:36 AM   #47
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

As the head coach of Oregon in 2019 I lost to FIU in the national championship game. FIU had a really good offense--they had a solid QB, a 240 lb RB, and two 99 spd WRs. I definetely overlooked how good they were, and they won by about 10 points. I felt like a really missed a good opportunity though as a graduated most of my starting offensive players (i think i still have my QB, RB, and one of my OT's, but all my other starters were seniors).

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 12-08-2015, 06:28 PM   #48
Banned

KnightTime's Arena

Did a Purdue dynasty, and our running and passing offense were putrid. All I could do to move the ball was throw. Unfortunately my O-Line was so terrible I got sacked 80+ times and threw 40+ interceptions (I had maybe a second to get the ball out every time). Went 6-7 and lost to Texas in the bowl game. However, I was bringing in a JUCO ATH who was an 81 overall QB with 90+ speed, and a FR ATH who was a 79 overall QB with 88 speed. Figured I'd redshirt the FR for a year and start him his RS SO year after the JUCO guy left. On signing day I got a nice little surprise. I signed the #4 player in the country, a guy with 98 speed! I had thrown him on my board week 1, but was getting slaughtered by LSU (only school recruiting him) so I dropped him by week 3. Had completely forgot about him. This was not actually the most surprising signing though as the #1 player in the country chose Idaho. He was a HB from Washington and Idaho and Boise were the only schools recruiting him. Anyways I ran an option based offense year 2, started the FR at QB and put the JUCO at CB, where he was actually 83 overall, and put #4 at HB. Went 15-0 and slaughtered teams all year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »