Home

Little Things that made me love NCAA 14 in action this year

This is a discussion on Little Things that made me love NCAA 14 in action this year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2014, 01:16 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Little Things that made me love NCAA 14 in action this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I like those juke moves he made once he broke free......

Yeah, man - incredible vision. I love the QB getting a block to let him loose too.

I can't remember what RBA setting that was on - it was prepatch, but that was the only time we saw something like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2014, 01:17 PM   #26
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

I finally felt like the NCAA series was going on the right track...
Old 02-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
One of the best CPU runs I have ever seen...ever. Guys from the OS Comm Sliders will remember this one.

Watch live video from Matt10l on TwitchTV
Dude that was filthy!!!!! You're making me want to get back to the NCAA most expediently lmao!! I have a few years of Madden I have to get through first tho, damn. My whole style of play is to hit up NCAA for three dynasty seasons, import the three draft classes into Madden, then switch to Madden for six seasons before I get back to NCAA.

Six seasons because I mix the NCAA draft classes into the Madden generated classes every OTHER year. So yea, I'm only in the my first season of Madden utilizing the first NCAA draft class right now, next Madden season I'll be using the Madden generated class and so on and so forth, so I have a while before I exhaust my NCAA classes and get back to the college game. I'm having a BLAST this year!!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:38 PM   #28
Rookie

PaperExplosives's Arena

Quote:
It means that we finally got the game that we should have got years ago by EA.

Improved CPU Option Attack
Improved CPU AI QB Scrambling
Improved Ball Carrier Running Logic
Improved Pass Rush by DL in terms of them actually utilizing Pass Rush Moves
Improved WR/DB Interaction when the ball is in the air

This years Final version of NCAA Football was a solid foundation to build on moving forward and then EA decided to pull the plug on the series.

After NCAA 14 I felt they were one more year away from true greatness if they stepped up the atmosphere, presentation and included the New Playoffs.

Totally agree. EA got a lot of things right with NCAA 14. It sucks that it's the last game of the series though, and even sadder now that it means college sports video games are gone for the foreseeable future. Hopefully though with one football game to focus on now, EA can drastically improve Madden which is still ridiculously flawed. And also, EA didn't decide to pull the plug themselves, the NCAA and a few conferences withdrew their support of the game due to all these lawsuits and student athletes wanting money. EA wouldn't have been able to deliver an authentic college football experience. They were in a bad position and decided it would be best, for now, to cancel the series.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:37 PM   #29
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
The ability to edit CPU Players to react almost human like on the field this year
PM, can you give us a rundown of the roster edits you recommend?
Old 02-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Yes I'm using those sliders with some modifications to fit the Alumni Rosters I utilize.
What kind of modifications did you do with them. Love the rosters just want to be sure I am utilitizing the right sliders for it.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:26 AM   #31
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Playmaker, glad to have a legend back! I too am a coach mode player. What are the specific settings that you are using or can you direct me to where I can specifically find them? Thank you in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2014, 11:11 AM   #32
Just started!

JoelH's Arena

NCAA14 is by far the best game EA has ever put out for college football. IMO the game got better every year. I play in an OD with two friends. We're not the best gamers out there but we're pretty salty. We are still playing the OD on default AA settings. I'd agree that there could prob be some adjustments to slow my friends down a bit but with my skill level I think it's darn near perfect. I've yet to go undefeated and made one appearance in the national title game and lost to Virginia Tech in Year One, my only loss. I never score a ton of points.

Oh yeah, I've been using Oklahoma all along and still manage one or two losses per year...

It's a really great game!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »