Home

Am I The Only One That Does This In The Coaching Carousel?

This is a discussion on Am I The Only One That Does This In The Coaching Carousel? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2014, 01:13 AM   #9
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Am I The Only One That Does This In The Coaching Carousel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
Unfortunately, I haven't really been keeping a thread for it. I've always thought about doing it but with so many people on this site having threads dedicated to their dynasty, I've always questioned whether my stories would be interesting enough to warrant the time I'd have to put into them. With that said, I do have a blog from a former Dynasty that details a small recruiting experience. It caught on well in a thread so I posted it as a blog if you ever want to check it out.
Yeah bro drop a link in here! Would love to read it...
Old 02-22-2014, 01:15 AM   #10
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dso122783
Well, while we are at it..

2013-2014 UAB Offensive Cord -I wanted to start at a small program and work my way up the ranks. I ran a Pro style offense (Custom playbook with Stanford as a base). I went 13-11 in those two years, and lost to Utah State 29-26 in the Armed Forces bowl in 2014.
2015-2017 Cal Offensive Cord -For some reason Cal was impressed by my skills at UAB and offered me the position. So why not? I took it, and switched to the Oregon playbook and even ran the hurry up in those three season, and I had a blast. Pro with a power run game is more my style but it can get kind of bland after awhile. Went 16-20, but to be honest the defense was nothing to write home about.
2018 Wyoming Head Coach -The third season at Cal was my best which turned the heads of the people in Laramie. My offense was getting better and better each season, and I was having a good time running it. I too like to get nosy in the Coaching Carrousel and my stint at Wyoming only lasted a season. We went 11-1, won the Mountain West and the Las Vegas Bowl.
2019-2020 Texas A&M Head Coach-After snooping through the job offers I couldn't turn this one down. This is when I started using Auburns playbook and slowed down my tempo. My first year we went 10-2, won the SEC and also the National Championship by beating #2 Alabama. In my second season, we posted another 11-1 record, won the SEC again, and beat #1 Navy in the National Championship. I was looking for a program to go to and stay and be "the next Alabama" but I didn't feel Texas A&M was it so...
2021-present Florida State Head Coach-I think I can stay here for awhile. However, in all honesty I hate the fact that I can't change the length and color of the uniform base sleeves. Anyways, as of right now I am ranked #15 with a 4-1 season. Still working towards an undefeated season.

But yea, I cant stay away from the coaching carousel either.
Good read man...lol...it's so funny to me how things like "sleeves" and lame alt uni's can affect our job decisions...
Old 02-22-2014, 01:25 AM   #11
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyParty11
I started my head coaching job at San Jose State. My alma mater is Michigan State and since San Jose State were the Spartans too, I thought why not? However, they were coming off a 11-2 season right before I got there so I had big shoes to fill. I went 9-4 the first year, beating a ranked Stanford team and won in the Hawaii bowl.

2nd year I got a heartbreaking loss to Boise State in the Mountain West Championship and got beat in the Hawaii bowl, went 9-5.

3rd year I went 10-3 but my division was stacked and San Diego State went on to the Championship and I went to the Poinsettia Bowl and lost. I kept declining SJSU's contract extension because I secretly was waiting for Bret Bielema to get fired from Arkansas so I could take his spot. I turned down Auburn and even coordinating jobs from Texas A&M and Oregon.

4th year I went 12-2, finally got my Mountain West Championship, went on to the Rose Bowl and got demolished by Oregon. I believe I got Coach of the year too. Finally Bielema got fired and now I'm at Arkansas and I'm currently 1-1. I like the change. San Jose was nice but I couldn't consistently land the big name recruits and I felt like the Rose Bowl was the best I was going to get with that team. I'm happy at Arkansas and I'm ready to turn them around.

Edit: I'm now 1-3 with Arkansas and it's beginning to get frustrating. I did have a tough 4 games, playing #2 Ohio State, #12 Florida and #10 Arizona all on the road. Bret also didn't recruit anyone remotely decent on defense because they're struggling. Also my offense isn't as powerful as it was at San Jose. It's becoming work to score
I played a shorter dynasty with SJSU and San Diego became a hated rival... But you're right bro, you had to move on because there's only so far you can go unless you swap conferences and do something drastic with the Spartans... Ark could end up being a labor of love digging them out of the whole and competing in the SEC... Keep me updated...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #12
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

So, after 5 games, I'm 1-4 with Arkansas. I'm starting to realize that my team is only a 1st half time. We stay in the game all the way up to the first half then it goes down hill from there. Whatever great defense we had, totally stops starting in the 3rd quarter. Then I'm starting to realize that San Jose is winning with my players. Throughout most of my career with SJSU, I coached players still from the other coach's team, other than some defensive guys and WR's. But now they all have my guys and they're winning with them. I'm starting to rethink my decision of going to Arkansas. At this rate, I may not even make a bowl game

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 02-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Spent 3 years as the OC of Georgia State, before I moved on to the OC of Boise State. Georgia State's head coach moved on after my first season with Boise State, and I really wanted them to offer me the head coaching job. But they didn't. So I took the head coaching job at syracuse, and I am watching all the players I recruited at Georgia State wallow in mediocrity. I really wanted to go back there.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #14
Rookie

dso122783's Arena

OVR: 0

This a cool thread, and I'm not trying to change the subject at all...but you guys who are climbing the coaching ranks, are you using one playbook throughout, or do you switch it up from time to time? What style do you go with throughout your dynasty?
Old 02-24-2014, 11:50 PM   #15
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
This a cool thread, and I'm not trying to change the subject at all...but you guys who are climbing the coaching ranks, are you using one playbook throughout, or do you switch it up from time to time? What style do you go with throughout your dynasty?
I've used the same playbook throughout. I run Oklahoma State's offense, I did experiment with Texas Tech's which is similar but I couldn't get used to it, so I went back with OSU's

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2014, 01:41 AM   #16
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I'll be starting my 7th year as HC at Wyoming (I think...got an offer from Michigan finally...) and I tinker with the playbook every time my coordinators change. I try to read up on the guys and their schemes and infuse some of that into my custom book, though I don't use a completely new playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »