Home

No new NCAA games by EA in the forseeable future. Here's why.

This is a discussion on No new NCAA games by EA in the forseeable future. Here's why. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #9
Living the Dream

SugaRicky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No new NCAA games by EA in the forseeable future. Here's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
I think this is a blessing in disguise honestly....
lol how so?
Old 03-01-2014, 11:18 PM   #10
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I think this is a blessing in disguise honestly....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugaRicky
lol how so?
EA is prohibited from an exclusive license. And there's tricky murky stuff with the players' rights, but let's be real, big business wins out. I'll be very surprised if another company doesn't at least try and pick up the pieces. Maybe we'll get some competition on this front and maybe EA will do better.

I'm still on NCAA 13 and while I've heard on OP that '14 is better, reviews say that the game STILL has a feeling of "same old, same old". It bothers me that EA can put out a product with bad depth chart logic 5 years in a row. Or a weak teambuilder. While I hope the players stop getting shafted in the end, I also hope that this brings EA down a notch and forces them to step their game up.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:29 PM   #11
Just started!

right,I'd be willing to wager a fair sum of money that we'll never see another college football game by EA or anyone else.thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2014, 12:16 AM   #12
Living the Dream

SugaRicky's Arena

Quote:
EA is prohibited from an exclusive license. And there's tricky murky stuff with the players' rights, but let's be real, big business wins out. I'll be very surprised if another company doesn't at least try and pick up the pieces. Maybe we'll get some competition on this front and maybe EA will do better.

I'm still on NCAA 13 and while I've heard on OP that '14 is better, reviews say that the game STILL has a feeling of "same old, same old". It bothers me that EA can put out a product with bad depth chart logic 5 years in a row. Or a weak teambuilder. While I hope the players stop getting shafted in the end, I also hope that this brings EA down a notch and forces them to step their game up.
I see what you mean, but with the complexity of striking a deal with the players that benefits both parties needing to be addressed I don't think we'll ever see another college football game IMO. I hope I am wrong and you are right, because I'm going to miss this game.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2014, 02:12 AM   #13
Banned

RedSoxFox7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzl13
Regardless, I think the fact that there is nothing announced nor on the horizon for anyone a little over 4 months before the game is historically released indicates we are all SOL for any new collegiate based games for a long time.
This isn't news.

We've known for many months there would be no new games in the immediate future.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Maybe I'm just being optimistic but I definitely believe that we will see a new NCAA game in 2016 or 2017. I think there's too much money for all parties involved to simply abandon a videogame based upon college football. The NCAA will make some sort of stipend type agreement with revenue sharing with the players and once that happens EA will be able to make the game with the rosters included.

Again, maybe me just being optimistic but it seems all parties here see a lot of $$$ that can be made, it's just a matter of who gets what that needs settled, not whether or not making a game is worth it.

Hell, a game with real names on it out of the box in fact would probably sell far, far more than how EA has sold Of NCAA football in the past. I have met tons and tons of people who didn't even know they could get the rosters like we here at OS do.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 03-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #15
Living the Dream

SugaRicky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Maybe I'm just being optimistic but I definitely believe that we will see a new NCAA game in 2016 or 2017. I think there's too much money for all parties involved to simply abandon a videogame based upon college football. The NCAA will make some sort of stipend type agreement with revenue sharing with the players and once that happens EA will be able to make the game with the rosters included.

Again, maybe me just being optimistic but it seems all parties here see a lot of $$$ that can be made, it's just a matter of who gets what that needs settled, not whether or not making a game is worth it.

Hell, a game with real names on it out of the box in fact would probably sell far, far more than how EA has sold Of NCAA football in the past. I have met tons and tons of people who didn't even know they could get the rosters like we here at OS do.
I love the optimism! I would really love to see the game come back. This game is one of the reasons I joined OS. When I see the news that it's coming back I'll be the first one jumping out of my seat.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #16
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
EA is prohibited from an exclusive license. And there's tricky murky stuff with the players' rights, but let's be real, big business wins out. I'll be very surprised if another company doesn't at least try and pick up the pieces.
Big business does win out, but please, if you want to "be real," take it from somebody who earns his livelihood representing "big business" in litigation: if there is one thing "big business" hates more than not making money, it's being involved in a long-term lawsuit where it might ultimately lose untold millions of dollars. Corporations--especially big ones--tend to hate the uncertainty that goes along with lawsuits (or even the potential for lawsuits), and businesses tend to be very risk averse, often shying away from even promising money-making opportunities when some risk of possible legal liability is also involved.

I'm very confident that, unless the specter of continued lawsuits from present and future players is somehow removed from this space, no company is going to be willing to put their necks on the line to make another college sports game, regardless of how much they think such a game would sell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »