Home

Area for MAJOR improvement folks are overlooking..."perfect pitch"

This is a discussion on Area for MAJOR improvement folks are overlooking..."perfect pitch" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2004, 10:41 AM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Area for MAJOR improvement folks are overlooking...\"perfect pitch\"

The more I play NCAA 2004...the more a certain aspect of the game SCREAMS for fine tuning above all else.

The Option.

The fact that no matter WHERE you hit the QB, no matter where he is in relation to the HB or FB, etc....it is ALWAYS....ALWAYS a perfect pitch.

It's so bad that many folks online have gone to a strictly option oriented attack NOT because it is their preferred means of moving the ball...but because it's almsot a guaranteed money play. You don't even have to look at the RB, etc...just hit the pitch button and watch in amazement as the ball goes over, around, through, and behind defenders...landing perfectly in the hands of the RB.

This season...EA TAKE NOTICE....there needs to be some sore of "grading" a QB's ability to run the option. The freaking QB for Hawaii should not be like Tommie Frazier when he runs the option.

The Quarterback for Florida should not be able to complete a pitch with one guy hanging on his pubic hairs and the another guy pulling his arm behind his head.

That just really really really irks me. And if they fixed it to be more realistic as far as the pitches are concerned, it would change the entire landscape as far as option oriented offenses are concerned.

Just my opinion. Thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2004, 10:52 AM   #2
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Area for MAJOR improvement folks are overlooking...\"perfect pitch\"

You are exactly right! No matter how much you had him wrapped up, he still was able to pitch the ball, which was total BS! I hope they do something about it!
Old 03-02-2004, 01:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

This is a god-awful part of what is an excellent game. Major repairs are in order. I hope.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

AMEN!!
Old 03-02-2004, 03:09 PM   #5
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

AuburnAlumni said:
The freaking QB for Hawaii should not be like Tommie Frazier when he runs the option.

I don't know if I could stated it any better than you just did. Tommie Frazier was the master of the option; everyone on this game is just as good as he is though. That is why I think there should be two categories for QB's: Pro and Dual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2004, 03:11 PM   #6
N*rd *l*rt!

jt533's Arena

OVR: 5

You are singing to the choir brother!
Old 03-03-2004, 01:18 AM   #7
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think they need to hit some sort of medium between 2004 and 2003. In the 2003 game, too many pitches got dropped or messed up some other way. Seems like they just overdid it trying to correct that. It was overall more realistic in 2003 though... you had to really watch that the pitch was clear, and that was good. This year you really can pitch it without thinking most times. Though SOMETIMES I get them broken up or dropped.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:34 PM   #8
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

It's not just the perfect pitch that needs to be fixed. They also need to fix the QBs uncanny ability to hit a receiver in stride with a 60 yard bomb while falling bacwards after taking a shot from a 275 lb DE. There are times when I feel that it's better just to pressure the QB and not actually sack him for fear of having the QB nail that blind shot. When my QB takes a hit like that I'm lucky to not have the ball picked off by a DT or smack into the back of my OL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »