Home

NCAA 15: The Obvious Way

This is a discussion on NCAA 15: The Obvious Way within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA 15: The Obvious Way

Why doesn't EA just do the obvious thing? The only thing EA needs is licensing from the schools/conferences. They need to repair that broken relationship and release NCAA 15 (or NCAA 16). But what about the lawsuits? Well, make the game nothing like the actual players on the field! Using NCAA 14 as an example, let's look at the Texas A&M Aggies. Instead of having the starting QB #2 6'0" 200lbs White, why not make the starting QB #19 5'10" 175lbs Medium skin tone scrambling QB. Or perhaps just use old players as the default rosters. For example: The Tennessee Volunteers. QB: #16 Peyton Manning. WRs: #84 Corderelle Patterson, #11 Justin Hunter, #3 Robert Meacham, etc. RBs: #27 Arian Foster. <--This may or may not be possible but I figured if EA has Madden locked up, why couldn't they use the same players in NCAA?--Then allow the community to change the rosters as we always do anyways! Why is this so hard to see? What's wrong with that plan?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA 15: The Obvious Way

It's not as simple as that sounds. For starters, the NCAA is only the rules governing board. EA doesn't need the NCAA to make a college football game since they can just call it College Football '15.

The licensing of conference, schools and mascots come from the CLC, schools and conferences themselves. A good portion have pulled out of their EA agreements because they're waiting to see how the lawsuits play out. EA would certainly want to make the game, but the colleges do not want to risk more exposure in a lawsuit.

So there won't be a game until the lawsuit is resolved... and it's a case that is going to take a LOOOOOOOOOONG time to resolve, since whoever loses, will appeal almost immediately. There won't be a game any time soon.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

i wish they could just port '14 over to the new system, everything else being the same.

i played '14 this weekend, and as i feared, it is pretty badly graphically deficient compared to madden on the xb1.

then i was to crap faced, and decided it would just be easier to watch triple D.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

I still play 14. The graphics do look last-gen, but I think it holds up decently against Madden (but not against 2K14 or from the looks of it The Show.) It's probably going to start getting really obvious next year, and of course worse as time goes on, but hopefully they'll work everything out by then one way or another.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #5
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

Yeah hopefully somebody could make a 'College Football' game on the next gen. I dont see why they have to wait till the lawsuits are over to do what I'm telling them to do. There would be zero player likeness therefore the players can't sue them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
Rookie

The drawback to doing a college football 15 game would be using iconic objects.

They could easily give us a ton of editing options so users would rename and reorganize teams to resemble the SEC, Big 10, and the other conferences. But good luck playing in the Big House unless they gave us stadium editing tools, which I don't think is realistic.

Also, I doubt they would give us mascot editing tools so that we could create our beloved team mascots. The obvious risk is having someone create something obscene.

Any resemblances they added into the game such as an editable ibis or border collie or tree would be too easy of a target.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

I'll be shocked if we ever see a new 'college football' game that doesn't have the school licenses. I don't think people would accept 'State College' and the like anymore, and most people in this community vastly overestimates how open the general public is to a generic but moddable game.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #8
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

It is still a risk, even with things being not recognizable and providing an editor. This property is toxic until the full scope and damages of the lawsuit(s) settle.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »