Home

NCAA 15

This is a discussion on NCAA 15 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2014, 02:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
I personally know way more about the NFL than I do college ball but video game wise NCAA is much better than Madden. I really hope they make the game for 2015.
You're gonna be hoping and wishing for a long time...

The lawsuit is going to drag on for a couple of years, on top of appeals processes that either party will file. There isn't going to be a game as long as that lawsuit is unresolved.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
They aren't the ones who knowingly broke the rules by including real players when they knew they weren't allowed to......

Few are a bigger of fan of EA's football franchise than me, but this cancellation isn't the players' fault. It's 100% on the shoulders of EA.
Couldn't be any further from the truth.

EA never had an issue paying college athletes for their likeness. Matter of fact, why did EA settle their portion of the lawsuit with the athletes and agree to backpay all the players that were potentially used?

The issue was never EA, they were collateral damage... the middle man in a larger fight. The issue is the NCAA's rules of amateurism. EA followed the NCAA's guidelines of not paying players, and not using their names. EA's lawsuit payout is being blocked by the NCAA. That's where the issues stem from.

Considering the amount of money EA shells out per sports games for licensing, they wouldn't have cared about $250,000 (the aggregate cost for the licensing based on the lawsuits) for licensing college games. NFL is 2.2 million. NBA live was $675,000. NHL was 1.1 million. The NCAA cost was a fraction of the cost, especially considering each year EA donated $200,000 to the general college scholarship fund as part of the NCAA licensing agreement.

The reason we don't have a college football game, is because archaic rules haven't caught up the reality of modern money yet.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:06 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
I disagree, They never included any names period, there was likeness. But it comes down to why is it a big deal that EA makes money off the athletes, the colleges do? the NCAA does?

It comes down to a bunch of has beens wanting a free handout(Which they didnt get, they got a couple hundred per player) They just ruined it for everyone else. Could EA have released a more generic games with less likeness sure. But it had been that way dating back to the original game and how many of those players filed lawsuits?

Lets take Denard Robinson for example, they interviewed him and he said he was Blessed and Thankful to be included in the game(On the Cover). Did he ask for any money? Nope nor did he support that lawsuit
Denard Robinson most certainly got paid for being on the cover. They HAVE to pay him. Why do you think they always use athletes that have graduated? Because they can pay them, EA can't use somebodies likeness without paying them, and they can't pay kids still playing college football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #12
Rookie

BeastieBlake's Arena

i hope they settle this lawsuit fast! i want to play a dynasty on next gen!
Old 05-18-2014, 10:38 PM   #13
MVP

mjavon's Arena

It'll be years before this all shakes out. I think a reform of collegiate athletics is eminent, but it's going to be a slow process. You guys ever watch that Netflix documentary "Schooled"? It does a pretty good job of explaining the whole situation.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #14
Banned

Yes, it's cancelled for the moment
Old 05-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #15
Banned

Yes, it's cancelled for the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 2

I just picked up this game on the PS3 and a huge motivation believe it or not for getting this game is because this could be the last year an NCAA Football title is released for a number of years and it's rather unfortunate that the game will not be released for the new PS4 and XBox One consoles. The play on the field for the PS3 is pretty good for the old gen console, but the stadiums and the crowds look horrible. One thing that sets College Ball apart from the Pro game is the stadium atmosphere with their Big Bands, the Cheerleaders and of course the student body. I can sort of understand why the hardcore college fan wants all the players to be 100% accurate in the game. But I don't need 100% accuracy. As long as the top rank schools beat the lesser ranked schools giving me reasonably accurate results in my season, I am perfectly contempt using generated players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »