Home

O'Bannon...at this point, cheer him on?

This is a discussion on O'Bannon...at this point, cheer him on? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
O'Bannon...at this point, cheer him on?

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/sta...74850947956736

Really feel like if O'Bannon wins this case that we will see an outstanding product from EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #2
Rookie

MichaelAngeloTMNT's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: O'Bannon...at this point, cheer him on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awill25
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/sta...74850947956736

Really feel like if O'Bannon wins this case that we will see an outstanding product from EA.
Ah, ya, we need him to win. Mark Emmertt, taking the stand tomorrow. It will be a big day in the case.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #3
Rookie

dso122783's Arena

I really don't care what the outcome is, I just want the game to come back.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #4
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

On O'Bannon, the dude just seems sneaky. But the merits of his argument are valid. The NCAA needs to work out a more equitable solution for all parties.There's enough money going around to guarantee these scholarships for players. Allow them to profit off of their image, the NCAA is. Why should the NCAA be the only ones making money? The power conferences are moving in this direction already. I think it's just a matter of time now before the structure is changed. Hopefully by the time this comes to fruition EA will have gotten their football engine up to snuff. Madden is trending in the right direction. I don't play online, but I would give an NCAA ultimate team with the real players a shot.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:35 AM   #5
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

EA will say anything to keep from winning Consumerist's Worst Company in the World award again. As much as I want more college sports games, don't hold your breath for this one. And if you do, pray another company does it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 12:38 AM   #6
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Yeah I'm pulling for the athletes. If you guys haven't seen the documentary, "Schooled" on Netflix, it touches on a lot of the issues NCAA athletes face. I really enjoyed watching it.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

At the end of the day, regardless of how you feel, there is a problem when one entity gets all of that money and claims to be "non-profit".

That being said, I have been following the trial closely the last 10 days or so and think its not even close. One ESPN legal columnist described it as Alabama vs. Chattanooga at halftime, with Bama up 4 scores. A decision is expected by the Judge at some point in August. Here is hoping the plantiffs win and EA begins the process of making a game.

I am sure the NCAA will appeal the decision, so that may slow EA down too. Who knows...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »