Home

Coaching skill tree edits

This is a discussion on Coaching skill tree edits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Coaching skill tree edits

I recently went through my roster and changed the coaches skill trees towards recruiting first. I must say i am pleased i did. Recruiting has been super hard because so many teams are going after players now. I am not sure yet who the top recruiting classes will be but i have a feeling it won't be the typical top teams. If it is then my theory is wrong and i wrote this preemptively.

Also it has changed the way the games play too, at least i feel they have. About 65-70 percent of the head coaches have no skill points in gameplay/strategy, it's all in recruiting. Guys like Nick Saban have the recruiting side filled out and then three points in gameplay/strategy.

I wonder have any of you guys done this? If so how has it played out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Coaching skill tree edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
I recently went through my roster and changed the coaches skill trees towards recruiting first. I must say i am pleased i did. Recruiting has been super hard because so many teams are going after players now. I am not sure yet who the top recruiting classes will be but i have a feeling it won't be the typical top teams. If it is then my theory is wrong and i wrote this preemptively.

Also it has changed the way the games play too, at least i feel they have. About 65-70 percent of the head coaches have no skill points in gameplay/strategy, it's all in recruiting. Guys like Nick Saban have the recruiting side filled out and then three points in gameplay/strategy.

I wonder have any of you guys done this? If so how has it played out.
That's how I've always played this game. The crap that EA has in-game can be easily overcome... the squiggly lines on receiver routes... if you know your offense, you already know what route they're running. Same thing with Hot Routes... know your guys and what button corresponds to them...

So I always load up on recruiting, though I haven't really noticed a difference in game-play...

Old 07-18-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Coaching skill tree edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
That's how I've always played this game. The crap that EA has in-game can be easily overcome... the squiggly lines on receiver routes... if you know your offense, you already know what route they're running. Same thing with Hot Routes... know your guys and what button corresponds to them...

So I always load up on recruiting, though I haven't really noticed a difference in game-play...
Oh i am saying i did it for every coach, not just mine.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:21 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0
Is it possible to turn off the coach skills?

It really is something that I'd rather not deal with/think about (nor get the advantaged that come with it over time, since I'd like the game to be as challenging as possible).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »