Home

College Players "Want Their Game Back"

This is a discussion on College Players "Want Their Game Back" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #33
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
Do we really need real players in a college football game, though? Just give me real teams, uniforms, and conferences, and I couldn't care less if the players were real or not, by name or by jersey number and physical attributes.
Exactly. Most Dynasty players know that after year 4 it's nothing but computer generated players anyway.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Maybe I'm reading into this wrong, but how would be fair if a player who goes to Tennessee gets compensation for being in the game but a Boise St. player still gets no compensation?

And if we're implying that only power conferences will be in the game, then that's great if you're a fan of a team in those power conferences. But you would still be missing half of D-1A schools. I can't see how that game could possibly be any better.
This is only bad for 2K, Because if they have team builder in the game and you can add the other teams, then w what the he'll has 2k been doing all this time?
Old 07-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: College Players "Want Their Game Back"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
Exactly. Most Dynasty players know that after year 4 it's nothing but computer generated players anyway.
I think you guys are forgetting that a lot of people play online with the default rosters so in that respect the rosters being real is a huge aspect.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #36
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

I wonder if EA will address any of this, I'd hate to get my hopes up.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #37
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
For all you folks who are saying it will be a long time even when the legal issues are resolved I think you may be forgetting that EA already has a Next-gen football engine in Madden... It's not like most games where they have to start from scratch..
True. They even (reportedly) have a shell of a CFB game as it was being worked on til the day of cancellation.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #38
Rookie

Ran61nash's Arena

OVR: 0
What about a college hoops game?
Old 07-22-2014, 09:55 PM   #39
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
For all you folks who are saying it will be a long time even when the legal issues are resolved I think you may be forgetting that EA already has a Next-gen football engine in Madden... It's not like most games where they have to start from scratch..
That may be true, but from the Madden videos that I have seen, especially since it's the SECOND game on the new-gen systems, the game looks horrible. Too robotic. Please, EA... PLEASE, for the love of God, just get some great programmers in and start over... you keep releasing a broken game every year and now you're just porting over a broken game.

Do us all a solid and start from scratch and release a truly customizable and great game! PLEASE!!!

Old 07-23-2014, 06:56 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
That may be true, but from the Madden videos that I have seen, especially since it's the SECOND game on the new-gen systems, the game looks horrible. Too robotic. Please, EA... PLEASE, for the love of God, just get some great programmers in and start over... you keep releasing a broken game every year and now you're just porting over a broken game.

Do us all a solid and start from scratch and release a truly customizable and great game! PLEASE!!!
Hmmm... I think the Madden 15 videos look really really good myself. I'd be more than happy for a new NCAA game using that as a starting point.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »