Home

Most Outrageous NCAA/Madden Stories

This is a discussion on Most Outrageous NCAA/Madden Stories within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2014, 11:24 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Most Outrageous NCAA/Madden Stories

I started a new dynasty, Akron.
I wanted to do a write-up here in the dynasty forum, but I don't have new thread privileges yet, so anyway..

I decided as a run, I could play at 3 AQ's per year. Up until I started doing well (10-2, bowl games, upset an AQ, etc) I could play 3 top 10 teams.

So in year 1 I scheduled Alabama, Ohio State, and Oklahoma.
I beat all three, on AA, with pretty solid sliders. Then I proceeded to lose most of my MAC games. Sitting at 7-4, with one game left.. All those teams? On pace for 1 loss seasons.. Still dunno how it happened.

Alabama was a miracle (3 INT's returned deep, those were all TD's, I won by 6)
Ohio State I won with my ONLY punt return for a TD I have had in NCAA 14
Oklahoma I beat 42-41 after they missed a PAT (I was up 21-0 after 1 quarter thanks to amazing plays)
Old 07-29-2014, 11:31 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMagician
I started a new dynasty, Akron.
I wanted to do a write-up here in the dynasty forum, but I don't have new thread privileges yet, so anyway..

I decided as a run, I could play at 3 AQ's per year. Up until I started doing well (10-2, bowl games, upset an AQ, etc) I could play 3 top 10 teams.

So in year 1 I scheduled Alabama, Ohio State, and Oklahoma.
I beat all three, on AA, with pretty solid sliders. Then I proceeded to lose most of my MAC games. Sitting at 7-4, with one game left.. All those teams? On pace for 1 loss seasons.. Still dunno how it happened.

Alabama was a miracle (3 INT's returned deep, those were all TD's, I won by 6)
Ohio State I won with my ONLY punt return for a TD I have had in NCAA 14
Oklahoma I beat 42-41 after they missed a PAT (I was up 21-0 after 1 quarter thanks to amazing plays)
That's the fun of playing a small school. It's still too easy to upset someone, but if you play a perfect game you can come out on top. You just have to play perfectly. BTW, my current OC run is with Akron, and I've had some success with them too, but I also just got crushed at Penn State by like 50 points when my guys weren't up to par.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:38 PM   #11
Rookie

TarHeelbred33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
Something I've seen before, but not to this extent happened just recently:

We've all had the WR drop a pass and it ricochets to the defense, who scoops it off the tips of the grass, right?

I had that happen with the same WR in consecutive games. Usually for me, it's been on crossing patterns, and the 1st one of these was. But the second one was on a streak and it was just comical how the ricochet angled back towards the defender.

Anyway, never had it happen in consecutive games, much less the same guy.
I had one recently where my CB tipped a deep pass, then tipped by the WR, then as the ball us about to hit the ground my CB scoops it up for the pick. The animation looked really good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 07:12 PM   #12
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

i have one...well two, the first one happened a week ago. so i was in my second stint with buffalo as a hc and in my dynasty the aac is mostly northeastern schools and 8 out of 12 teams were in the top 25, so i was in my third season back at buffalo and we played #22 WVU on a national televised game. so on the final play their qb threw up a hail mary..... and my best cb swatted it backwards....and....they caught it to win the game and ended my NCG bid i was depressed after that

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 07-30-2014, 07:15 PM   #13
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

the second one was back on ncaa 12 and Troy had this rediculous 6-6 magigian at qb, he had a 99 overall for 2 straight seasons smashing passing records due to the air raid offense won the heisman twice in a row and exported him to madden and in his first season broke the passing record i was like wtf this guy is insane

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 07-31-2014, 12:39 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Nothing like looking back on all the memories of this great game. I have so many, but one stands far above all the others.

To set the stage, the game was NCAA 2002, the first installment on PS2.
The game would be a matchup of 2 teams who eventually played for the BCS Title that year; Nebraska (Me) at Miami (My Buddy).

Going into the fourth quarter, the game looked much like the real national title game with my buddy crushing me 31-3. I am pretty big on finishing out games no matter what the score is, unless someone else is waiting to play.

The fourth started with me scoring from about the 5 yard line on the first play of the quarter to finally get my first TD. I decided to go ahead and go for 2 and went option to get it. 31-11.

At this point there was about 5:54 left in the game and I was down 3 scores, so I went onside kick, and got it!

As anyone who was watching a lot of college football at the time will remember, that Nebraska team wasn't exactly known for airing it out. But I had to abandon my option game at this point and go to the air. Luckily for me, Eric Crouch found Tracey Wistrom on a TE seam pass the 2nd or 3rd play of the drive for a 40 some yard TD. Again, I went for 2 via the option, and Crouch pitched to Thunder Collins as he got hammered by Vilma to make it 31-19. All of a sudden I find myself down 2 scores with a little over 5:00 minutes left!

I decide I have enough time to kick it deep and see if my D can hold against one of the best college offenses of all time. My Coverage unit does their job and pins Miami down inside the 20. For whatever reason, my friend immediately took to the air instead of running some clock. Problem for me was Andre Johnson and Jeremy Shockey were absolute beasts! He completed 3 or 4 passes and was marching on the other side of the 50 with about 4 minutes left, and things were looking bad for the Huskers. Having run the ball 0 times, during the drive, Ken Dorsey dropped back to heave a bomb to Johnson, but under-threw him and it was picked by Keyuo Craver and HOUSED for 6! I was amped at this point and went for only 1. 31-26 and I think we were both in different kinds of shock.

Now we were under 4 minutes, about 3:40ish and I decided again to kick it deep. This time, my friend knew he needed to run some clock, and Clinton Portis started doin his thing. Miami took the field with the ball at around their 25 and I got run after run and was having trouble stopping it. It seemed like as soon as I decided I had enough and would blitz, I would get hit with a slant or something to keep the chains, and clock, moving. The ball was on the other side of the field now, about the 35, and I was starting to have to use my timeouts. With about a minute or so left, I had 1 timeout and I think it was 3rd down. Portis got the ball and ran right up the gut, but was crushed by Chris Kelsay I believe, and FUMBLED! I recovered and had life with 1 TO and about 70 yards left.

I was working exclusively out of shotgun at this point and really using Crouch's legs. 3 plays and 40 yards later I was at around the 30 yard line with somewhere around 35 seconds left. I can't remember what play it was, but it was a result I will never forget! Crouch dropped back and had the blitz in his face, broke 2 tackles, and was OFF TO THE RACES. I scored a scrambling rushing TD with Eric Crouch with about 22 seconds left or something and took a 32-31 lead! Went for 2 via option again and scored it to make it 34-31.

I kicked deep and defended 4 deep passes and won the game. By FAR my most memorable and greatest comeback ever. Needless to say my friend had some controller damage after he spiked it on the ground like a Gronk TD ball!

Ahhhhh Memories. Please come back NCAA!!!
Old 07-31-2014, 11:07 PM   #15
Rookie

legonerfdude's Arena

One time I threw 7 ints against Texas tech and won 32 to 3 I was West Virginia on ncaa 13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 07:03 PM   #16
Rookie

Hello all,
I can't recall some of the strange stories, there were so many. I joined to ask a specific question and found out I couldn't post a new thread. So I had to find an thread to reply to that was somewhat about what I needed. This is like an ongoing story....lol.

So I use custom sliders, I think from here, I don't remember. I haven't touched the game in like 8 months but its that time of year so I dusted it off. The strange issue I have is with human QB accuracy. It doesn't matter what ratings my QB's have, although they are usually good. They will come out in the first game or two of the season and be world beaters, then in the 2cd or 3rd game they can't hit the broad side of a barn. I mean they throw up to 15 to 20 yards off the selected receiver. Most of the time w/o any noted pressure. Has anyone else noticed this? I made it a point in my last game not to lead or throw low, etc. I can usually sub in my 2cd string qb and they will start to light it up again. Its frustrating and I don't get it. Any suggestions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »