Home

NCAA Football 06 E-book

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 06 E-book within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
NCAA Football 06 E-book

NCAA 06 is my favorite football game of all time. I have consistently played it for 9 years. I believe that I have a deep knowledge of the game, it's nooks and crannies, from offense to defense, dynasty and beyond.

I also want to be a writer. Specifically, I want to write e-books. In order for me to be improve my writing skills I need to practice. My first e-book I want to practice on is a definitive guide to all things NCAA 06; a brain dump if you will.

It would mostly focus on knee-deep X's and O's. This is the one topic that is missing the most from the internet. I've played this game for 9 years and I STILL find plays that work, both offensively and defensively! There are several mini-guides out there that cover dynasty, recruiting, etc., but I can't find anything as detailed as to what I can deliver regarding both offense and defensive strategy/game planning.

My question to you all is would anyone be interested in a book on NCAA 06? I know the game is dated, but 06 is wildly considered one of, if not the best NCAA football game ever. I believe people still play it to this day. I also believe more people would play it again if they had a reference to go to.

NCAA 06 is a very deep but wonderful game and I feel it deserves a go-to guide for anyone who wished to learn more about it.

Let me know what you think. I appreciate any opinions on this.

Last edited by volwalker; 08-05-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #2
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 06 E-book

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
NCAA 06 is my favorite football game of all time. I have consistently played it for 9 years. I believe that I have a deep knowledge of the game, it's nooks and crannies, from offense to defense, dynasty and beyond.

I also want to be a writer. Specifically, I want to write e-books. In order for me to be improve my writing skills I need to practice. My first e-book I want to practice on is a definitive guide to all things NCAA 06; a brain dump if you will.

My question to you all is would anyone be interested in a book on NCAA 06? I know the game is dated, but 06 is wildly considered one of, if not the best NCAA football game ever. I believe people still play it to this day. I also believe more people would play it again if they had a reference to go to.There are also not very many guides to this game, not in grave detail anyway. I have though about making one huge guide or a series of books ranging from offense to recruiting, etc.

NCAA 06 is a very deep but wonderful game and I feel it deserves a go-to guide for anyone who wished to learn more about it.

Let me know what you think. I appreciate any opinions on this.
NCAA 06 is one of my favorites.. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this at all. I'd also greatly appreciate even a list of some teams' rosters if nothing else; would save me a ton of trouble... picked up the game again a few months ago and have been slacking on getting rosters done for myself.. (must have lost my original copy) Only about 25 teams done...

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #3
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
NCAA 06 is one of my favorites.. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this at all. I'd also greatly appreciate even a list of some teams' rosters if nothing else; would save me a ton of trouble... picked up the game again a few months ago and have been slacking on getting rosters done for myself.. (must have lost my original copy) Only about 25 teams done...
Try this link. I think this is what you are looking for.

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=108373
Old 08-05-2014, 05:26 PM   #4
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Try this link. I think this is what you are looking for.

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=108373
I know about this, had to stop using it very early on because it was missing half the players in the actual game, most of it included already graduated players, returnees were a year off.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

Old 08-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #5
Rookie

CarolinaCJAM's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I feel your pain. I re-purchased NCAA 2004 and 06 from Amazon a couple of weeks ago for my PS2 and now I'm having to manually input the rosters. It's hard finding accurate old rosters/depth charts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 09:44 PM   #6
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCJAM
I feel your pain. I re-purchased NCAA 2004 and 06 from Amazon a couple of weeks ago for my PS2 and now I'm having to manually input the rosters. It's hard finding accurate old rosters/depth charts.
Especially when your main source (SI.com), which contains all the rosters for "your handicapping arsenal", can't display them anymore. (Just takes me to the home page

Old 08-05-2014, 11:09 PM   #7
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Especially when your main source (SI.com), which contains all the rosters for "your handicapping arsenal", can't display them anymore. (Just takes me to the home page

I wonder what happened there.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:13 PM   #8
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I still have those rosters for ps2. Is there anyway to put them on a usb or is it strictly by memory card. If it's only memory card I would copy my roster if you send me a card and pay for shipping just pm me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »