Home

How do you create this year's dynasty in last year's game?

This is a discussion on How do you create this year's dynasty in last year's game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4
How do you create this year's dynasty in last year's game?

I want to start a CPU vs CPU dynasty and am not sure how to correctly do it so I accurately mesh rosters with schedules.

- I can edit last year's schedule to make it as close as possible to this years, but they I'd have the same schedule two years in a row.

- I can sim last year's season, making things current, but then can I add the updated rosters after that initial sim? I don't think so.

- I can download the updated roster now, but then it'd be a year off once I sim last year.

How would you all do it? Many thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do you create this year's dynasty in last year's game?

Excellent question...would like to know as well!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:35 PM   #3
Pro

jackster802's Arena

Im assuming you're using the editor. Just sim the first year of dynasty and then load up year two in the editor. Take the updated roster you have and paste it into that year for the roster in the dynasty and it should stick.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:31 PM   #4
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackster802
Im assuming you're using the editor. Just sim the first year of dynasty and then load up year two in the editor. Take the updated roster you have and paste it into that year for the roster in the dynasty and it should stick.
I don't think so, since I'm not sure what 'the editor' is. To edit rosters, I'd want to download an updated roster from the thread discussing it here on OS.

But once I start the dynasty and SIM year one, I don't think I can then download the rosters and apply it to the dynasty.

And if I download the rosters before starting the sim, then I'm playing last years games with this years rosters.

I know someone here has a better way to get a dynasty going with new rosters.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackster802
Please, some more information about 'the editor' - where to get it, how to set it up, etc? This is exactly the question I have, how to create this year's dynasty in last year's game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #6
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

Ducksforever has an editor, that's how he's able to do update rosters with all the duplicate numbers you want.

You cannot load a roster in year 2 of a dynasty, I've tried. So someone with the editor MAY be able to edit every team's schedules to 2014, but I'm not sure they can, and if they can, it would take a long time.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:15 PM   #7
Pro

jackster802's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel Husker
I don't think so, since I'm not sure what 'the editor' is. To edit rosters, I'd want to download an updated roster from the thread discussing it here on OS.

But once I start the dynasty and SIM year one, I don't think I can then download the rosters and apply it to the dynasty.

And if I download the rosters before starting the sim, then I'm playing last years games with this years rosters.

I know someone here has a better way to get a dynasty going with new rosters.
Search "Generic Editor" or go into the roster section and read the thread "Generic Editor with NCAA 14".
Old 08-20-2014, 01:48 AM   #8
Just started!

Is there a way to set up the new playoff system in 2k 14? I'm trying to make the game as accurate as possible since we don't get a new game this year how are u guys adjusting

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »