Home

Manual random number based offseason improvement

This is a discussion on Manual random number based offseason improvement within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2017, 08:10 AM   #57
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Manual random number based offseason improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
I’m thinking about starting a new dynasty and may look into introducing this into it to keep it refreshing as to who improves and who doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I highly recommend it. At first it will be a total b word. You get pretty good at editing guys to a number and being very close. You can be as general as you want about it. Editing a guy down from a 70 to a 67 and he turns out to be a 68? Just move on, update the number and go low on the next guy by a point, or whatever.

Anyway.... I went through another offseason and had my first training with Iowa, and here are the results. Mean 3.73 points of OVR improvement which again, is significantly lower than a CPU team gets, but offset by the fact that we're getting some negative adjustments and some big adjustments to certain numbers.

Again, this is a labor of love and WILL take you a couple of hours, I had to do it in 3-4 parts. I just CANNOT STAND this outcome

Freshmen WR
A - 76 OVR
B - 72 OVR
C - 70 OVR

Then as seniors:

A - 94 OVR
B - 90 OVR
C - 88 OVR

And this is essentially what you get with every single position group and every single year with every single team, every single time. So lazy.

You can see how position battles evolve way differently than with auto progression, but yet 63% of the players improved at a range from 2-8 points which is a fairly normal range.

Last edited by Hellisan; 10-22-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:32 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

I second what Hellisan says. This improvement randomization has improved my dynasties drastically.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:56 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I have no interest or even the slightest inkling leading to interest of doing this for other teams, only mine... The process was lengthy but I was already keeping track of applicable ratings... While it ended up being a pretty time consuming process, it wasn't horrible, and I really like the results.. it's something different, I'm really glad I tried it and I'll be continuing with it.

I've only just recently found this, and maybe this is posted but I'm only on page 2 of reading the entire thread cuz I'm bored at work and my boss is gone. Anyway, I love this random progression/regression. My thoughts were to add +5 basically a bump in work ethic rating for guys that are all-conference or better, or win an individual award just the one time. I tried to keep track of all the relative ratings and what not...a simpler way I found to do it after just 1 season is this:

Assume your QB is a 82 ovr, has a 63 work ethic (-3 to 6) and he rolls a 6...so his ovr should improve +2, well the CPU has already made him a 88 ovr, just go into the ratings and move THP or THA or AWR or something to make him an 84 instead of resetting the ratings he previously had and then re-doing it...taking into account things like Pocket passer, you could lower his agility, and acceleration and carry rating, or if he's a scrambler lower the THP and THA until it matches the Adjusted Overall Rating. Its much less time consuming than tracking all the ratings for 70 players.

I've only had 1 off-season and haven't started any games yet (tonight). But my team was 84-83-87 and this year the defense is down to 82. I really hope this makes it harder to win games as well against better teams considering all CPU teams get 4-5 boosts for every player, and I have an average of about 2-3 and sometimes regression. I've already had a recruit that was a highly rated player that got a bad work ethic rating, and a guy to fill a roster spot got a good rating and will eventually crack the starting line up. Really makes recruiting random, 5* guy might end up as a 99 overall, but might also end up a 74 and never really get any better. I love it. It really adds to the house rules of recruiting and sliders...this is the best game I've played and I'm always pretty excited to get home and get it fired up. The wife hates it. Thanks Hellisan. GO HAWKS!!

Last edited by AKEjcl41; 10-26-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:13 PM   #60
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I’m getting super excited to use this with my dynasty. Makes recruiting exciting because you never know who will boom or bust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-27-2017, 01:46 AM   #61
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKEjcl41
a simpler way I found to do it after just 1 season is this:

Assume your QB is a 82 ovr, has a 63 work ethic (-3 to 6) and he rolls a 6...so his ovr should improve +2, well the CPU has already made him a 88 ovr, just go into the ratings and move THP or THA or AWR or something to make him an 84 instead of resetting the ratings he previously had and then re-doing it...taking into account things like Pocket passer, you could lower his agility, and acceleration and carry rating, or if he's a scrambler lower the THP and THA until it matches the Adjusted Overall Rating. Its much less time consuming than tracking all the ratings for 70 players.

Great call. I posted this as a general guide, knowing full well that people would take some things, leave other things, and as long as we are (say it with me) doing something positive to offset the lazy EA progression system then I think you're on the right track. I love to be able to look at a guy that is graduating and have 4-5 years of his exact ratings, that is a huge deal for me, so that is why I track them. But I agree with you completely that this step that you talk about can save time, and if it saves just enough time for someone to allow them to use this system, all the better. I should say that for the most part I'm already doing what you're talking about. If they roll an all-around improvement and they're 4 points low, I just try to mimic the current system and add, all around, in a similar manner until they're the right points. I actually update all the beginning of season ratings afterward. On the other hand, if they roll somewhat of a specific improvement type, I sometimes take them back to last year's rating and then adjust from there with the specific rating type they rolled.

Thank you so much for trying this out, however your version of it might morph to suit your needs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2017, 07:06 AM   #62
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Do you always roll the 1-4 die (theoretically, of course) to get the type of improvement even if the player is scheduled to regress rather than improve? Also, is there a chart of which positions go with each position?
Old 10-27-2017, 10:17 AM   #63
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
Do you always roll the 1-4 die (theoretically, of course) to get the type of improvement even if the player is scheduled to regress rather than improve? Also, is there a chart of which positions go with each position?
First question: yes, I do.

Can you elaborate on the second question?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2017, 10:30 AM   #64
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Quote:
Can you elaborate on the second question?
How did you not understand that? Let me explain it without sounding like an idiot this time hahaha.

Is there a chart that explains which of the player's attributes should be regressed/progressed given the 1-4 roll comes up a 3? Your definition for a 3 was:

Quote:
3 - position skills based - block shedding/pursuit for defensive players as an example
I wasn't sure if you had already had this written out and could share it with the masses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »