Home

Looking For Feedback On Schools Greatest Teams

This is a discussion on Looking For Feedback On Schools Greatest Teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #17
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Looking For Feedback On Schools Greatest Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Hey Carl here's a few links

Video you'll want to watch this for sure
http://wn.com/the_greatest_college_f...am_of_all_time!

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/colf...eams/best.html
There are some teams ranked in the time frame you are looking for

The Top 100 College Football Teams of the Last 100 Years: Part V
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/var...0-years-part-v

The Greatest Season Ever for Every College Football Team
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ll-team/page/2
Thanks for the links, I had read the footballoutsiders list before but the bleacher report will come in handy. I'm loving the feedback from everyone...so far I think the consensus is that 96 Florida was their best and FSU I'm torn over. The 93 team was scary with Ward, Brooks on def and W. Dunn( who wasnt even a fulltime starter I believe).But 99 team was loaded with speed and was deep at WR. I'm also leaning towards the 04 Auburn team. Anybody have any input on Arkansas or Alabama. The 79 Bama team was top 20 on one list and I'm partial towards that era as well as the 77 Arkansas squad led by Lou Holtz.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:10 AM   #18
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicarl

Michigan 1973, 1997
Ohio State 1968, 1975, 1996, 2002
Arkansas 1968, 1977
Texas 1969, 1977, 1981, 2005
Texas A&M 1976, 1985, 1994
Auburn 1972, 1983, 1993, 2004
Alabama 1966, 1979,1992
Florida 1996, 2006
Syracuse 1966, 1987, 1992
Penn State 1969, 1973, 1986, 1994
Why??? Why limit it to just these teams??? The 2006-07 Hawaii Warriors would certainly deserve to be mentioned... particularly the 2006 team. Yeah, they went 11-3 but their losses were at Alabama, at Boise State and a 3 point loss at home to Oregon State in which their own kicker missed TWO FG's...

Brennan threw for 58 TD's (an NCAA record that still stands) and only 12 picks whilst completing 72.6% of his passes - at the time, an NCAA record.

Sucks that you have to limit this...

Old 10-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #19
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Why??? Why limit it to just these teams??? The 2006-07 Hawaii Warriors would certainly deserve to be mentioned... particularly the 2006 team. Yeah, they went 11-3 but their losses were at Alabama, at Boise State and a 3 point loss at home to Oregon State in which their own kicker missed TWO FG's...

Brennan threw for 58 TD's (an NCAA record that still stands) and only 12 picks whilst completing 72.6% of his passes - at the time, an NCAA record.

I'm not limiting, I was just interested in what people thought were the best teams from those schools that I listed.....Hawaii's 2007 team was their best team in my opinion but if you're saying that those teams should be considered one of the best of all-time then your last name must be Brennan LOL I dont think they would stand a chance against any of the great teams...that offense was designed to spread out weaker teams and find the mismatch but losing to Boise and Oregon St. isnt the same as going up against 86 or 01 Miami or 93 or 99 FSU or 95 Nebraska. Those teams were stacked with 20+ pro players each and the second team units would beat most teams.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death

Sometimes you simply don't have enough time to create every school/ team....

So if he can't do every school that's not a knock on him (limiting teams) it's just that creating rosters is a very lengthy process.

If your not just slapping a name on the players it could take close to 1 year to complete some of these large historic roster files and certain teams might get left off in the process....

That's just my 2-cents

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #21
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
I'm not limiting, I was just interested in what people thought were the best teams from those schools that I listed.....Hawaii's 2007 team was their best team in my opinion but if you're saying that those teams should be considered one of the best of all-time then your last name must be Brennan LOL I dont think they would stand a chance against any of the great teams...that offense was designed to spread out weaker teams and find the mismatch but losing to Boise and Oregon St. isnt the same as going up against 86 or 01 Miami or 93 or 99 FSU or 95 Nebraska. Those teams were stacked with 20+ pro players each and the second team units would beat most teams.
I was under the impression that you were looking for the best team for every team ever, but that you were limiting it to just those you mentioned. If that makes any sense! LOL As Playmakers said though, doing every team... roughly 120 or more if you include those recently added to D-1... would take forever.

I just loved that Hawaii team... their 2006/07 teams were so fun to watch and going 23-4 with a recruiting budget of $50,000.00 per year ain't too shabby.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Michigan State would definitely be 1966. 9-0-1, shared national championship with Notre Dame. Tied Notre Dame 10-10 in the Game of the Century. Would have gone to the Rose Bowl, but Big Ten rules at the time made them ineligible.

Michigan is tough. The 1997 team is their only National Championship since the 1940s, but they were far from a dominant team. They had a great defense but an average offense. They won a number of close games and easily could have been 9-3 instead of 12-0. 1973 team as far more dominant, but tied Ohio State in the season finale and was snubbed for the Rose Bowl in a controversial vote by Big Ten athletic directors. College Football Reference has the 1973 team as the strongest of the period at 28.03, with 1997 as a 20.14. So it really comes down to how much you value the National Championship.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #23
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior
Michigan State would definitely be 1966. 9-0-1, shared national championship with Notre Dame. Tied Notre Dame 10-10 in the Game of the Century. Would have gone to the Rose Bowl, but Big Ten rules at the time made them ineligible.

Michigan is tough. The 1997 team is their only National Championship since the 1940s, but they were far from a dominant team. They had a great defense but an average offense. They won a number of close games and easily could have been 9-3 instead of 12-0. 1973 team as far more dominant, but tied Ohio State in the season finale and was snubbed for the Rose Bowl in a controversial vote by Big Ten athletic directors. College Football Reference has the 1973 team as the strongest of the period at 28.03, with 1997 as a 20.14. So it really comes down to how much you value the National Championship.
That Michigan State team is definately top 10 all time, but I'm torn on Michigan...I'm leaning towards 97 with Griese, Brady, Streets, Hutchinson but I remember watching Michigan-Ohio St. when I was a kid and Gordon Bell was one of my favorites.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #24
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
but I'm torn on Michigan...I'm leaning towards 97 with Griese, Brady, Streets, Hutchinson...
Don't forget the best player on that team... Charles Woodson!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »