Home

No playmaker?

This is a discussion on No playmaker? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2004, 05:34 AM   #9
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: No playmaker?

I do like the innovation of the Playmaker during the offensive pre-snap, however, it made running plays a bit easier.

Like for example when I'm on Single Back, 2 TE's, 2 Wr's, I see the shift in D towards the side where I'm running the ball, I can easily press the right analog with no sign of movement by the QB or giving signals to the rest of the O.

It would be much better if the AI captain (usually the MLB) on the defensive side could react toward Playmaker and switch up the defensive set or disguise the coverage to make the QB think he's got them dumbfounded. It's this that would make the Awareness level more valuable.

This is why guys like Hardy Nickerson and the late Derrick Thomas were so valuable on the other side of the ball, because of their ability to recognize plays and audibles on offense. And unless the defensive AI would react to Pre-snap Playmake just as they would with regular audibles, I'm still convinced that it is just a mere tool that makes an already easy-to-master offenisve gameplay mush easier.

It would really be great if the Awareness rating actually meant something in the pre-snap audibles and coverage switches. It would also make guys think twice about starting a high-prized rookie WR over a veteran with less ball skills but higher AWR rating, especially when the game is on the line. For now I just really think the AWR rating is useless and not really valued as much as other ratings.

I hope I didn't lose anyone.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:21 AM   #10
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I play basically only against the computer since I'm a Franchise/Dynasty person, but I only use the playmaker to flip my running plays or cheat my safeties. I think that the playmaker play flipping would be ok in NCAA if the CPU didn't cheat so much to one side, it makes it way too easy to run to the side they leave empty.

The I form definitely needs more weakside runs. Out of the regular I, there is a speed option to the weak side, and in the I-form 3 wide, there is a HB weak play, but that is it. They redid the defensive playbooks last year, so let's cross our fingers and hope they vary the playbooks on O this year.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:03 PM   #11
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

OVR: 7

I believe that one of the reasons that Playmaker feature is not added to NCAA is because college football is a little more stuctured meaning less freelancing amonst players.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »