Home

How do you think transfers will work?

This is a discussion on How do you think transfers will work? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2004, 01:13 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
How do you think transfers will work?

I think they will have a pool of players who wish to transfer put into a little category during the off-season, either before, during, or after recruiting, and it works somewhat like recruiting HS players, except a bit different based more on the depth chart situation, as well as the other factors.

Any other ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2004, 01:18 AM   #2
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: How do you think transfers will work?

I really have no idea; I just hope they don't overdo it.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:45 AM   #3
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2

The transfer issue, if in the game, will probably work the exact same way as the current game handles early entries to the draft. You will have the option to use recruiting points to keep the player or let them go. Players transferring out may have a screen that has a list of trnsfers and the 3 schools that they prefer. You use recruiting points to get them just like 2004 recruiting.

If in the game, it should be a great addition to recruiting!
Old 04-28-2004, 07:35 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

It will also probably be like NCAA hoops when if you have a great player sitting behind a great player, he will transfer. I think that you SHOULDN'T have a chance to talk him in to staying. This will keep you from becoming TOO powerful of a team.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:08 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:

longhorn35 said:
The transfer issue, if in the game, will probably work the exact same way as the current game handles early entries to the draft. You will have the option to use recruiting points to keep the player or let them go. Players

transferring out may have a screen that has a list of trnsfers and the 3 schools that they prefer. You use recruiting points to get them just like 2004 recruiting.

If in the game, it should be a great addition to recruiting!

You just hit the hammer on the nail! I bet that is what it will be like, or they will just leave, nad not have a chance to keep them!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2004, 01:16 PM   #6
N*rd *l*rt!

jt533's Arena

OVR: 5

I thin kyou shoul dhave a chance to talk to him because that will put the pressure on the coach to use his recruiting points to make him stay or just let him walk. Either way it should make recruiting a little harder especially if you have less points bieng used to save you 5th 5 star CB who didn't play but you did recruit.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:05 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

Jistic said:
It will also probably be like NCAA hoops when if you have a great player sitting behind a great player, he will transfer. I think that you SHOULDN'T have a chance to talk him in to staying. This will keep you from becoming TOO powerful of a team.

The best teams have MUCH better depth than the others do. You could stick Miami's 3rd string QB (whoever that ends up being), and he would start on 80% of the teams in the NCAA. That doesn't mean he'll transfer. I think if your team has high prestige, you should be able to keep a good player more, and I DO think you should have the opportunity to spend points on them to get them back.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:21 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Whatever happens this is great and will add just that much more depth to an already great offseason mode.

I cant wait!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »