Home

what conference will be the strongest in NCAA 2005

This is a discussion on what conference will be the strongest in NCAA 2005 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2004, 09:30 PM   #41
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: what conference will be the strongest in NCAA 2005

Quote:

Mizzou23 said:
I think the Big XII is the best conference, but of course I'm a little biased.

I'm biased here too and thought the same thing until we went 2-6 in bowl games last season. Hopefully this year's better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2004, 10:10 PM   #42
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

Quote:

fpac said:
Quote:

Mizzou23 said:
I think the Big XII is the best conference, but of course I'm a little biased.

I'm biased here too and thought the same thing until we went 2-6 in bowl games last season. Hopefully this year's better.

Yeah, for a few years the BigXII was the best hands down in my opinion, but with Nebraska, Colorado, and Texas A&M falling off of late, it has been relatively weak.

OU and Texas are the clear class of the league; Kansas State has taken over the third spot. OSU is on their way up and (hopefully) will take over the perennial pre-season #3 spot in the south.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:29 PM   #43
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

And my Huskers were part of the 2 wins for the Big 12 in bowls. GO BIG RED!!
Old 05-03-2004, 05:35 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:

aliefallstar said:
the SEC and Big XII will be the best conferences with the ACC a close third. I base my reasoning on athletes, the big 10 and pac 10 simply dont have the good athletes from the south that the big XII SEC and ACC have.

You need to start looking past the mighty Mississippi my friend. California cranks out a ton of the top tallent every year. California feeds the Pac 10 with players as well as the rest of the nation. You will probably find more teams with a player from California than you will from any other state.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:02 PM   #45
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

Quote:

LHayes37 said:
Quote:

aliefallstar said:
the SEC and Big XII will be the best conferences with the ACC a close third. I base my reasoning on athletes, the big 10 and pac 10 simply dont have the good athletes from the south that the big XII SEC and ACC have.

You need to start looking past the mighty Mississippi my friend. California cranks out a ton of the top tallent every year. California feeds the Pac 10 with players as well as the rest of the nation. You will probably find more teams with a player from California than you will from any other state.

Actually Texas puts out the most D-1 talent, but California is not far behind along with Florida. Mississippi puts out the most NFL talent per capita, however.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2004, 07:42 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:

shortsoldier said:
Quote:

LHayes37 said:
Quote:

aliefallstar said:

Actually Texas puts out the most D-1 talent, but California is not far behind along with Florida. Mississippi puts out the most NFL talent per capita, however.

I would be really interested to see the numbers. However, Texas may put out more, but you will find Californians on teams all over the country. Texas boys tend to stay rather close to home, while California kids will go to school anywhere. If this state could keep it's top tallent the West coast would get more recognotion. Thanks to USC it looks as though things will be turning around.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:27 PM   #47
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

Quote:

LHayes37 said:
Quote:

shortsoldier said:
Quote:

LHayes37 said:
Quote:

aliefallstar said:

I would be really interested to see the numbers. However, Texas may put out more, but you will find Californians on teams all over the country. Texas boys tend to stay rather close to home, while California kids will go to school anywhere. If this state could keep it's top tallent the West coast would get more recognotion. Thanks to USC it looks as though things will be turning around.

Texas kids go just as far away from home as California kids do; there was a report in a magazine one year that said every team in D-1A has at least one kid from California, Florida, or Texas and something like 80% of the teams had at least one from each. Every year, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Oklahoma, Nebraska (okay, the entire BigXII), etc, etc, steal top talent from Texas. As with any talent rich state, if Texas could keep all its talent in-state, Texas would have several top fifteen teams every year. The same with California and Florida.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:21 AM   #48
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I can't believe some of you think the ACC is the best football conference. That is so laughable.

IMO, the SEC and Big Ten are the best conference with the SEC barely ahead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »