Home

Changing Conferences

This is a discussion on Changing Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2004, 04:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Changing Conferences

Has anyone seen any information on the ability to change conferences in NCAA05 and if so any news on how the process will happen, such as in NCAA04 you could only chnage to certain conferences, in 05 can teams change conferneces like Miami and VT in other words from one good conference to another
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2004, 04:19 PM   #2
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Changing Conferences

no news yet, hopefully something about it will come out of E3 in a couple weeks.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:26 PM   #3
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

i think it would be cool if you could get your team to change from 1 BCS conference to another...which is what i think your saying. then you could have true power conferences, which would make going undefeated harder.
also, it would be nice if you could arrange the conferences the way you like 'em before you start your dynasty. that would be sweet.
i would trade Vandy, Kentucky and Arkansas from the SEC to the ACC for Miami, Florida State and Clemson. i would also trade Miss and Miss St from the SEC to the Big 12 for Texas and Texas A&M.
of course, i wouldn't mind adding Georgia Tech as well
maybe it's just me

can you say wow?

EAST

Miami
Florida
Florida State
Georgia
Tennessee
South Carolina

WEST

Alabama
Auburn
Texas
Texas A&M
LSU
Clemson
Old 05-05-2004, 05:44 PM   #4
Rookie

JMU_Devil_Dawg's Arena

OVR: 6

To comment on your power conference idea, I have done some things when I play 2004 (and they would probably apply to 2005) to make the BCS conferences stronger and to make winning harder for non-BCS teams.

I first noticed that some teams (North Texas, Colorado State, Louville, just to name a few) would easily and quickly raise to 4 or 5 star level prestige and constantly have a shot at the NC game.

So in my single player dynasty, at the end of the season, but before the last bowl game had been played, I would take actions to try to get non-BCS schools that performed well invitations to BCS conferences. Specifically, I would create 11 more coaches and take jobs at the 11 non-BCS schools that are the highest ranked and have the highest prestige. 11 may be overkill as I have only had 3 schools change conferences in a single off-season. I also experimented a bit with giving coaches jobs at BCS school that performed poorly, but I didn't have any success in seeing them booted from a BCS conference because they were losing programs, but I only attempted this for 2 seasons.

After I had assigned all 11 newly created coaches jobs I would then sim the last bowl game and immediately after, contract offers and conference invites take place. Once all contract offers or conference invites come in and are accepted or declined that game asks if you want to advance to the off-season. It is important to say "no" so that you can go and delete the 11 coaches you just created. Otherwise, you will have to go through recruiting with 12 teams under coach control instead of just yours. It isn't a big deal since you can let the CPU recruit for the other teams than your own, but it is annoying and avoidable.

I really enjoyed this and it was definetly fun to see the Big 12 more competitive with CSU instead of Kansas, and the Big East get Louiville to replace Temple.

This method effectively accomplished what I wanted, to stop small conference teams from being so dominating and to make BCS conferences more competitive. From your comments above I thought you might like to give it a try.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:37 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

aukevin said:
no news yet, hopefully something about it will come out of E3 in a couple weeks.

not a couple weeks, E3 next week, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2004, 08:55 PM   #6
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

i've actually been doing that as well. i'm glad you posted that, because now i don't feel like a freak
i've gotten some pretty good results as well, however, some funny things do happen.
for instance, Notre Dame got invited to the Big 10. After a few awful seasons they got sent to the MAC for Northern Illinois. I've got Louisville and Toledo in the Big East. East Carolina replaced Vanderbilt in the SEC. My PAC 10 is nuts though. It's got atleast 3 teams from the WAC if I remember correctly.
To me it makes the game more fun, that way i'm not always stuck playing the same teams all the time. it gives dynasty mode extra life without having to switch teams all the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »