Home

Finally EA fixed Vaught-Hemingway Stadium (Ole Miss)

This is a discussion on Finally EA fixed Vaught-Hemingway Stadium (Ole Miss) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2004, 11:05 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Finally EA fixed Vaught-Hemingway Stadium (Ole Miss)

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

You'd probably like it to be a relative unknown, but it's one of the Top 30 stadiums in the country in terms of size and fan support.

Doesn't make the team suck any less. Say what you will about Southern Miss and our stadium, but we finish at the top of our conference quite often.

not this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2004, 09:26 AM   #26
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

I've been to Vaught-Hemingway Stadium before, and the place is a dump. But, atleast the chicks are hot!
Old 05-19-2004, 10:00 AM   #27
All Star

OVR: 14

Quote:

fsquid said:
Quote:

alienreb said:
Isn't it becoming that another C-USA fan is telling an SEC fan how it is when it comes to stadiums and their facilities? Since when do you, Fsquid, have any credibility when it comes to these matters? I'm curious, man, because I'd be willing to bet that more than a few people around the country know about Ole Miss and their stadium. You'd probably like it to be a relative unknown, but it's one of the Top 30 stadiums in the country in terms of size and fan support. So to call us unknown to the rest of the country is laughable.

By the way, I'm looking forward to all the Memphis fans coming down to Oxford like they did in 2001. Stop by and tailgate with us if you're in the area. We'll stuff you with all the food and drinks you can hold before your curtain call in the hours to come. Who knows, we might even have a few laughs at M$U's expense.

Again, ask a Big East or Big Ten fan what VAught-Hemmingway is and they will look at you weird. Trust me, they would do the same about the Liberty Bowl and about the Rock too. I'm just calling you out on your response that is all.

Does an SEC fan know what Ryan field is?? Do they know Wagner Field off the top of their head or Martin Stadium??? Only a handfull of fields in college football can be recognized instantly by those not in that team's conference.

Honestly, out of the SEC stadiums, I can recognize UT, Florida and LSU the easiest. I know Georgia because of the hedges. Arkansas and Bama might be similar, I can't remember, but I think Arkansas is the one with the gigantic scoreboard. That's it for the SEC.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:51 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

rollinphat said:
I've been to Vaught-Hemingway Stadium before, and the place is a dump. But, atleast the chicks are hot!

it used to be a dump, but they have done some good work to it and its looking a lot better (SEE ALIENREB THAT IS A COMPLIMENT!).
Old 05-19-2004, 11:12 AM   #29
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

fsquid said:
Again, ask a Big East or Big Ten fan what VAught-Hemmingway is and they will look at you weird.

(Looking at you weird)

Ole Miss is barely a blip on the map for most of the country.

Now that that blip has graduated... it won't even be that much.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:28 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Quote:

fsquid said:
Again, ask a Big East or Big Ten fan what VAught-Hemmingway is and they will look at you weird.

(Looking at you weird)

Ole Miss is barely a blip on the map for most of the country.

Now that that blip has graduated... it won't even be that much.

**singing** "Back to life, back to reality!"
Old 05-21-2004, 10:36 AM   #31
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

I must have missed the forum upheavel regarding V-H Stadium last year, maybe I was playing the game too much to post here. I don't think people were worked up because it was inaccurate, but because the inaccurate part looked bizarre and detracted in some measure from the immersiveness and atmosphere. The stadium is defintely of secondary interest to me in any event.

We may not be the biggest, and we certainly have had a spotty record since the early 70s, but the Ole Miss gameday experience on a perfect October afternoon is hard to beat, as several of my out-of-town friends have attested to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2004, 10:43 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

We may not be the biggest, and we certainly have had a spotty record since the early 70s, but the Ole Miss gameday experience on a perfect October afternoon is hard to beat, as several of my out-of-town friends have attested to.

That can be said about a lot of schools. I miss gamedays at Southern Miss. I miss waking up in the dorm on gamedays and heading out to tailgate before the game. Of course when the U LaLa's of the world come to town, it's not as exciting but when better teams and conference opponents come to town, it's awesome. It's when random Ole Miss fans take shots at out stadium and our school when they don't have a leg to stand on. Rarely, will I say something about other schools unless provoked. We were discussing the most recognizable stadiums and your Rebel bretheren took offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »