Home

My disdain for NCAA 2004 has grown exponentially

This is a discussion on My disdain for NCAA 2004 has grown exponentially within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2004, 01:19 AM   #25
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: My disdain for NCAA 2004 has grown exponentially

Quote:

fsquid said:
I think we can all agree that we are just waiting for Sega to make a college game so we can hop over there.

Not if it's as bad as their 1st 2 were...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2004, 08:54 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

fsquid said:
I think we can all agree that we are just waiting for Sega to make a college game so we can hop over there.

I believe, but not sure, this post is drenched in sarcasm..
Old 05-24-2004, 09:56 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 2

My #1 all time Greatest Game is a loss. First year of Dynasty, PSU (me) vs. Ohio St. Skipping to the important stuff...

Ohio St. has the ball, 3 minutes left, up by 3 points. They throw an int in my territory, I march down the field and score with 21 secs left. Up by 4 points, they need a TD. I kick off, they are stopped at about the 18. First play I knock down a pass for an incomplete. Second Play, I'm in Dime Prevent (never again) and they toss up a bomb to Jenkins (WR 12) down the left side. I'm playing FS, I go up and bat the ball. Jenkins jumps with me, runs into me and gets knocked backwards 5 yds. He catches the ball there. He is immediately hit by one of my corners. Breaks the tackle, I whiff, and he runs 55 yards for the score as time expires. I tossed the controller across the room and well, you get the picture. Frankly, I'm still pissed about it writing about it right now. Hopefully this has been theraputic(sp?).
Old 05-24-2004, 04:39 PM   #28
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Ha! Good stuff. Though the losses are painful without them the wins would not be as sweet. I recently got a new 3rd Greatest Game.

Playing Oregon against Meeeeeeeeeeeeechigan. I was down by 7 at the half and ended up by 14 in the fourth quarter. 21 seconds left in the 4th I had to punt being up by only 3 at this point. Two bombs under tripple coverage once and 4 guys on one the second time and they scored. Lost by friggn four. Though it was a game I was "supposed to loose"...Oregon did it in real life so I felt like I let them down. Was still a blast though.

Funny thing is that I tend to remember those games the most and the if I ever get a chance to run the score up on one of those teams I do. Must be how alot of the coaches in these rivalrys feel.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:01 PM   #29
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

gambino said:
I played a game over lunch. I play with Iowa and was playing Number 12 Michigan at home, 8 minute quarters, Heisman with no slider adjustments. I was winning 20 - 17 with 1:30 left and punted to Michigan. First, my cover guys don't get down the field and allow a 20 yard return. Then I get Michigan 4th and 10 from my 35 yard line and I have Nickel, double wideouts for my D. I am controlling my linebacker and on the snap I immediately run to cover Bralen Edwards. So now he has 3 guys on him. The computer drops back, lofts up a floater to Edwards. All three of my defenders converge on the ball and everyone hits Edwards right as he touches it at about the ten. He somehow makes the catch in triple coverage, bounces off all three of my defenders who are flung harmlessly to the ground and scores. Now I'm down 4 with about 48 seconds left. On the ensuing kickoff, Michigan's coverage crew gets rockets up their [censored] and I only get back to the 15 yard line. On top of that I get called for clipping, the only penalty called all freaking game!!!!! On the very next play from scrimmage I throw a deep out to Mo Brown. The ball goes off his shoulder pads an into the defenders hands. I throw my controller to the floor, cuss really loud and here I am. Can we please have a game where crap like this doesn't happen!!! How does a receiver standing at a standstill shuck three defenders off of him while cathcing the ball. I don't care what level I'm playing!!!!!!! The bottom line is that there was no way the computer was not going to score and no way it was going to let me score on the next possession. It was predetermined and that makes the game not at all fun. I feel a lot better now. Anyone up for some scotch and soda?

Did I hear scotch and soda?
Old 05-31-2004, 11:31 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

I feel your pain. Hopefully this cpu cheat has been fixed for 2005.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »