Home

A NEW WAY TO PLAY 2004!

This is a discussion on A NEW WAY TO PLAY 2004! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2004, 11:33 AM   #9
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: A NEW WAY TO PLAY 2004!

And oh yeah, how do you turn on auto recruting? Is it where you just sim through the weeks without doing anything?
Old 05-30-2004, 12:02 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

thats rite, turn recruiting assistance on in coachs options and when recruiting time comes, the united states map shows, press the start button and it will ask you to simulate recruiting. pess simulate all weeks and let it roll. this is where it gets interesting. take the players it gives you and try to build the program. but hey, you took the job and you have to deal with the type of players your staff has given you, make good decisions with your roster moves and play smart. crazy and unlikely things happen in this game and the same thing happens for real. jusy try to make good decisions and deal with it. keep trying and it will pay off, hopefully before the boosters ax you-HA!
Old 05-30-2004, 12:07 PM   #11
Rookie

thats cool cyros, i actually live near elon and the coach there is paul hamilton now, he left etsu after this year because they cancelled football there. that is where i use to live. this is my 1st yr living in nc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2004, 12:16 PM   #12
Rookie

getting ready to play at bowling green. will check back here later. like i said, our playing days for the most part are over, so let the players play the game. i really dont enjoy taking a running back from east tn state university and buton mashing him to 55 td's and 4,000 yds rushing and winning the heisman, not realistic, but if you are punching the ball down the field on the ground and you are having success driving the ball on the ground, make good choices, dont go to the air unless the situation is there, dont get cute playing this way or you will get burned.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:33 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I might seem like an idiot...but how do you just call the plays and not play the game...ive tried to put the controller in the middle but the cpu plays the cpu...how do you turn on coach mode?
Old 05-30-2004, 05:08 PM   #14
Rookie

dawgdan7280's Arena

OVR: 4

same as playing yourself...just dont touch anything after you hike it.

There was an actual coach mode on the old ps1 madden which i used to love, but doing it this way i cant get past the fact that i have to do all the kicking. It would be great if they brought it back.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:59 PM   #15
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

dawgdan7280 said:
i cant get past the fact that i have to do all the kicking. It would be great if they brought it back.

Yup, I suck at kicking. I usually watch the ball head towards the goal posts only to very sharply cut off at a 90 degree angle and head towards the sideline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2004, 06:02 PM   #16
Rookie

yep-thats the only reason i like espn football games is that they will handle the kicking. but how hard is it to kick anyway. just call the play and dont do anything after the snap, let it roll. after surrendering an opening scoring drive of 74 yds and falling behind 7-6 till late in the 2nd where i went deep to take the lead at the half 13-7. my defense stiffened, wore down a lesser manned bowling green team to win convincingly 34-7 escaping with no injuries. this has been really enjoyable playing this way, i mite continue playing this way on 2005, much more challenging than button mashing my way to dominance within 3 or 4 seasons and it is really difficult to get to the title game this way, but isnt it like that in the bcs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »