Home

Coaching tree limitations/house rules

This is a discussion on Coaching tree limitations/house rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2015, 06:24 PM   #9
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Coaching tree limitations/house rules

I guess we will just agree to disagree. I have a second dynasty where I am in year 3, 6th overall, at Kansas. My coach has kitchen skill at 1/3 and I am still able to get most of the guys on my board. When you only target guys that have you ranked #1 to begin with or less then 300 from first place then yeah you will get more then guys then normal. If I wanted to target anyone interested like a lot of real life coaches do then yeah my numbers might be different. I feel by only targeting players that have you ranked at the top of the list creates the true challenge. I never said my teams were stacked, in fact I said I never over recruit. I sign 3* guys all the time because I want a challenge.

I think any of us can make a case that the skills do what they were created to do, give some an advantage over others. Since it is a game I feel that placing my own house rules on my dynasty helps make it play better long term.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:39 PM   #10
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Ic both sides of the argument for recruiting. I will just put restrictions on the game management skill tree and recruiting to make it as fair as possible. Because yes I agree that without recruiting restrictions it is too easy to reach 99 overall as a team within 2 years

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 01-17-2015, 01:33 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Coastradamus or whatever is a stupid skill, especially when it's a skill that you can try and have yourself from seeing your opponents tendencies and correctly guessing that since they typically run shotgun strong run plays, they will probably do that again.

The only justification I can think of for that skill is that it subs for film study that its not possible for your to do in-game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »