Home

Idiot fullbacks

This is a discussion on Idiot fullbacks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2004, 06:29 PM   #1
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4
Idiot fullbacks

Many of us have cursed our insanely idiotic fullbacks for failing to block that LB or S who has a clean shot at our HB on a sweep or off-tackle play.

Well, it happened for the 451st time for me and I decided to go to instant replay and here's what I noticed.

The FB ignored the LB because one of my linemen was 'assigned' to block the LB. I watched the FB run right past the LB and I noticed one of my linemen giving pursuit (but he wasn't gonna catch a LB, now was he?).

I know the lineman was 'assigned' to the LB because he was facing him and almost mirroring his angle.

So chaulk this up to EA logic. Instead of the FB picking up the first different colored shirt he sees, he blindly goes after the man he's assigned to. Same goes to the OL and every other blocker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2004, 06:43 PM   #2
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Idiot fullbacks

This has been one of my biggest gripes with the blocking AI of NCAA and Madden. This is one of the reasons I choose not to use fullbacks in my offense.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:07 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

I never ever had a problem on Madden, but NCAA is another bag of beans. I never liked the FB blocking in this game. They never seem to look for anyone to block. I have expiremented with different players and have yet to find a capable blocker.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:55 PM   #4
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

This is a direct reflection of EA's AWR rating. If a FB has a low AWR rating, he will do what you described. If he has a high AWR, he will pick that guy up. It sucks; I know.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I remember once running a full back lead when the defense was in nickel. Two corners rush me and the fb went to pick up the MLb. I was pissed.
EA's blocking AI should be
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2004, 12:44 AM   #6
MVP

TidePride50's Arena

OVR: 7

I agree. I hope this is fixed in 2005. I find myself cussing the FB on half my run plays.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:55 AM   #7
Pro

Mangum's Arena

OVR: 6

The only time I have success with the FB blocking is on Leads and sometimes counters out of the I-Formation. Oh and throw in the Maryland I. Everything else is a crap shot.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:22 AM   #8
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Since you brought up the full back I also would like to add that I think EA has the fullback with a +50% chance to fumble the ball over any other type of player. Least thats the way it seems...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »