Home

Huge 5 page ign article

This is a discussion on Huge 5 page ign article within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2004, 04:25 PM   #17
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Huge 5 page ign article

looks nice, but nothing that would tear me away from 2004 on ps2
Old 06-05-2004, 04:52 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

Erv said:
looks nice, but nothing that would tear me away from 2004 on ps2

Hmm thats what people were saying last yr before 2004 released. I dont see how it couldnt tear you away from 2004 with all the improvements.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:38 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

There's no doubt that this will be the best football game AGAIN this year. I agree about the slowing down the game a little. People at E3 complained about it, but I think it's way more realistic now.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:45 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 16

nice find, man, the graphics are looking really good.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:14 PM   #21
MVP

SportsAce's Arena

OVR: 13

Am I the only one here that doesn't have an x-box and still enjoy the ps2 version of the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2004, 10:14 PM   #22
MVP

DaHokieBird's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

SportsAce said:
Am I the only one here that doesn't have an x-box and still enjoy the ps2 version of the game?

I have a PS2, and I love NCAA on it. The game was built with the controller in mind. I've played it on the Xbox, and it's just not the same.

Thanks,
DaHokieBird
Old 06-05-2004, 10:24 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

DaHokieBird said:
Quote:

SportsAce said:

I have a PS2, and I love NCAA on it. The game was built with the controller in mind. I've played it on the Xbox, and it's just not the same.

Thanks,
DaHokieBird

Play it on xbox long enough and you'll get used to it. Game was not designed with the controller in mind. Designed for the PS2 maybe, but not the controller.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:05 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow, this article really has me pumped up. I love how everything is tied together. Like how well you play affects home field advantage, and home field advantage in turn affects how composed your players are and how well they play. At first I wasn't really sure about home field advantage and composure and the match up stick. I thought that it would be a way to cheat. But thinking about it, it seems like it’s really a gameplay thing in that it’s like momentum. Like the article said that if you throw a few completions your QB will settle down and his composure will go up, but if you throw an interception, then it will go down. This happens all of the time in real life as players gain momentum from big plays. One of the things I love about college football is how the momentum of the game can change in an instant. And momentum has a bigger affect in college football than almost any other sport in my opinion because of the crowd noise, especially at your home stadium. No other football game really deals with momentum, and I think that that's what's gonna set this game apart and make it more realistic than last years game. It's awesome that this series is leading the way on that aspect, and I hope that other sports games add this in future years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »