Home

just a quick ordering question

This is a discussion on just a quick ordering question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2004, 11:50 AM   #1
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5
just a quick ordering question

I have in the past driven 40 miles to pick up my ncaa copy at gamestop and before hand preorder it there. this is a hassle and i dont want to drive that far if I can have either them or ebgames deliver it to the house. what kind of experience has everyone had with this. do you still get the game the same day if you have it shipped as opposed to going to get it. any help welcomed. what location is the best to have it shipped if that is the best route to go. if i have to i will go get it again, just trying to make it easier. i have no airconditioning in the car and a two year old--way too far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2004, 12:10 PM   #2
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: just a quick ordering question

If you get overnight shipping, you'll get the game the same day it's released in stores. It is more expensive though, but it's nice to sit and just wait for the game to come to you.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:23 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Gamestop had free overnight shipping for a little while, i'm not sure if it is still going on
Old 06-06-2004, 06:19 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I usualy dont order online because im paranoid, but most seem to get the game like around, 9, 10am in the morning the same time the stores do. It seems sometimes people have the game the night before. If its 40 miles I would go ahead and preorder. Last yr before we got a gamestop. A EB store in Killeen which is 50 miles from here said they would have Madden at 7am the morning of release. I was going to Killeen every now and then at the time(for other things) SO I figured why not. So I drive there thayt morning and what do you know, its onl the ps2 verson and I was told both xbox and ps2( I wanted xbox) So he gives me a free shirt of some crappy game and the ps2 verson insted. I play that for 5 hours sale it to my ex girlfriends brother and go buy xbox verson at toys r us. I was pissed.

Sorry I was just rambling , somewhat.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:22 PM   #5
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

i'll probably have to drive 25 miles the day after it hits shelves to a Wal-Mart or Target. thats what i did last year. it came out on like the 12th or something and i had to wait till the 14th to get it at a Wal-Mart. i think i might preorder it this year at a game store and try and get it right away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2004, 10:54 AM   #6
Rookie

Galactus's Arena

OVR: 1

jackson,

I'm in a similar situation. The nearest game stores to me are on the south side of Savannah, GA.....which is at least 40 mile drive away if not more.......In the past, I've done like you and made the commute....after dealing with the length of the drive and the traffic, I'm too tired to play when I get home....much less start naming all the rosters!!

I've done that for three years, so enough is enough. This year I've pre-ordered the game through EB games and got overnight shipping.....Hopefully things will be much easier this time around for both of us!!
Old 06-07-2004, 12:42 PM   #7
Pro

UofLCards's Arena

OVR: 8

I remember a story from these forums a year ago where a guy up in Michigan worked at a Gamestop or EB. He said that his manager was driving from Michigan all the way to Kentucky to get the games from the EA Sports warehosue here. People thought that guy was insane.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »