Home

Is anyone inserting all the players names this year?

This is a discussion on Is anyone inserting all the players names this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2004, 10:28 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Is anyone inserting all the players names this year?

Quote:

dust247 said:
What all do you need with a SharkPort? How does it work? Do you need your ps2 on a tv, when using it?

Thanks for answers.

Its 30 dollars. When you buy X-Port it comes with everything you need. You don't really have to have your PS2 hooked up to the TV, but you should to see when its ready to load.

All you have to do is hook up a cord from your PC to your PS2 (comes with the package), then open up the program on your PC and you're ready.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:50 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm going to do what i did last year. Go to Ebay and just pay 20 bucks and the guy (cant remember name) will furnish you with an Xbox mem card and full rosters.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:00 AM   #11
MVP

dust247's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

MVPlaya said:

Its 30 dollars. When you buy X-Port it comes with everything you need. You don't really have to have your PS2 hooked up to the TV, but you should to see when its ready to load.

All you have to do is hook up a cord from your PC to your PS2 (comes with the package), then open up the program on your PC and you're ready.

Thanks, that helped me a bunch.

Which is cheaper, X-port are the other one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2004, 11:43 AM   #12
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

GridironGamer said:
I'm going to do what i did last year. Go to Ebay and just pay 20 bucks and the guy (cant remember name) will furnish you with an Xbox mem card and full rosters.

I hope you're kidding, because I guarantee that whatever rosters you're getting can be downloaded for free off the net.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:54 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sharkport's are generally cheaper since they are no longer being produced under that name. Now they're all in production under the 'X-Port' name. HOWEVER, you can use an X-Port save on a Sharkport simply by renaming the extension of the save file from .xps to .sps. So I'm pretty sure they are basically identical in function (if I'm wrong about this someone please correct me).

It's an extremely good investment for the PS2. You'll have access to updated rosters (check here at OS), or specific game saves (gamefaqs.com) for pretty much every single game out there. It basically allows you to swap saves b/n your PC harddrive and your PS2 memory card therefore giving you virtually all the space you want. This is all done via a 6-foot USB cable. I recently purchased a Sharkport off Ebay last month and got a great deal for $14.99:

If you're interested, here's the seller's link. This person has tons of them it appears.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8109940133

Hope that helps.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:15 PM   #14
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Like a dummy I will try again to make all the names this year myself. At least this time I have a USB keyboard.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:20 PM   #15
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm telling you, there is a way that these rosters can be done in a day or two. All it takes is 10-12 people with Sharkports/X-Ports. Assing each person a conference to do. The first person does their conference and then uploads the file to the next guy. That guy does the same thing and passes it on to the next guy and so on. Once everyone is done send it back to each person the same way. Those rosters would be done in two days tops!!! Blacklover is definitely a trooper, but it would be great if he had help!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2004, 02:31 PM   #16
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

TarHeelPhenom said:
I'm telling you, there is a way that these rosters can be done in a day or two. All it takes is 10-12 people with Sharkports/X-Ports. Assing each person a conference to do. The first person does their conference and then uploads the file to the next guy. That guy does the same thing and passes it on to the next guy and so on. Once everyone is done send it back to each person the same way. Those rosters would be done in two days tops!!! Blacklover is definitely a trooper, but it would be great if he had help!!!

Grondar and I did something very similar for ESPN College Hoops. It only works if you're teaming up with people you can count on, though (like Grondar). A lot of times you end up with a thread with 900 posts of people asking, "Who has the file? What's so-and-so's email address?"

Not trying to be negative or anything, just offering words of warning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »