Home

Bullet or Toss it up?

This is a discussion on Bullet or Toss it up? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2004, 10:18 PM   #1
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12
Bullet or Toss it up?

I know this has been asked before, prolly many times but its been a while I beleive and my passing game is near non existant... Maybe I'm just waiting for the routes to complete too long. *shrugs*

I generally draft everything needed for a running game and usually run most of the time. I enjoy it but I wouldn't mind passing some too but I am pretty horrid at it. Seems like even with a decent QB and decent receivers my passing suxors. The QB out passes me easily even with a crap QB and crap receivers. I find myself yelling at the TV alot!

So whatcha think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2004, 10:34 PM   #2
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Bullet or Toss it up?

I don't know, I've got the same problem as you. Most everyone on the board and those who play the game in general never seem to have problems passing for 8,000,000 yards a game. They all complain that you can't run the ball, that EA should make it harder to pass and easier to run. Well I'm with you, I like running but I'd like some passing too for balance. The last thing I need is harder passing and easier running.

As for lobbing vs. bullets, it doesn't matter. I can get the QB to lob it way up like a punt or laser it. I can't get anything in between. And neither works. I played a random game in my dynasty with Wazzu. Their QB had over 5,000 yards on the year. I couldn't even break 100. It was ridiculous.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:38 PM   #3
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

my passing game is awesome. my running game sucks. on average i think i ran for like 60 some yards a game last year and threw for 300+ average. i usually broke all passing records.

i need help running the ball.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:39 PM   #4
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

Ya, I can have 4 DB's on one receiver and they will still make the catch 85% of the time, especially on 3rd down. When I'm throwing I get picked off all the time or its way off in one on one situations, again, especially on third down. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but its rather frusterating to say the least.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:41 PM   #5
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

Quote:

Meatloaf86 said:
my passing game is awesome. my running game sucks. on average i think i ran for like 60 some yards a game last year and threw for 300+ average. i usually broke all passing records.

i need help running the ball.

As far as running goes, for me anyway, the trick is to stick with it. You usually get shut down alot more in the beginning of a game. As the game progresses running is easier. Pretty much like it should be. I use my FullBack ALOT. I love pounding it in there with the "Big Bruiser". I try to hit the same side over and over. You'll notice their DT's getting very tired, very fast then you break some long ones. Works for me anyhow.

I dont have alot of success running outside the tackles though. Except for running the option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2004, 10:55 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

let's just say my QB will probably never win the Heisman unless I have a mobile QB that can score on the ground and through the air. I played with Reggie McNeal from Texas A&M and was a finalist for the Heisman though. I like have a nice running game before airing it out.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:58 PM   #7
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

I will draft a fast QB over an accurate one. Just because I suck so bad at passing, a fast QB does more for me. Especially on options.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:24 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

ochoco said:
I will draft a fast QB over an accurate one. Just because I suck so bad at passing, a fast QB does more for me. Especially on options.

i like a mobile QB on 3rd and short. It seems like last year, the receiver was programmed to drop a pass when trying to convert 3rd and short even when wide open.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »