Home

Have you ever done this?

This is a discussion on Have you ever done this? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2004, 05:28 PM   #1
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Have you ever done this?

Yesterday I was bored so I threw in NCAA04 and started up a dynasty with U of M. But instead of playing, I just simmed everygame and changed my coaching strategies based on who I was playing. I recruited without assistance every year and managed everything, I just didn't play. By 2007, The Wolverines were National Champs and I stopped.

But I wasn't done. I decided to take a lesser team and see what I could do. So I thought Hawaii would be fun. It didn't take long to get them to be consistantly ranked, but I was climbing so slowly from year to year. Then, I had a 11-1 regular season and a loss in the Rose Bowl(at large bid) and the PAC-10 invited me to their conference. The first year I struggled, having 4 losses. But the next year, I recruited well and had a great team: A+ overall, A+ offense, A+ defense, B+ Special Teams. I went undefeated in the regular season and played in the national championship against North Texas. However, they killed me 52-20.

So maybe this next season I can take the title... who knows.

But has anyone ever just started simming seasons in dynasty for the hell of it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2004, 05:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Have you ever done this?

Yeah, I do it all the time. It gets boring playing all of the games sometimes so I will start a new one and simulate and see what I get.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:57 PM   #3
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

One thing EA really needs to change -- and I have no faith in their ability or desire to do so -- is to eliminate the likelihood of half-arse programs like North Texas and Boise State from becoming national powers after a few years. EA also gives too much love to the MAC. There were about five MAC teams once in the top 25 in one dynasty I played.
If you run a dynasty and turn North Texas into a powerhouse, more power to you. But in simming situations, the computer should not allowed these lesser schools to become dominant.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:58 PM   #4
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

I spend years at a time just simming dynasties that I'm supposed to be playing, I don't always save them though. I have one dynasty that is like 13-15 years deep with Western Michigan in the Big 10 and have had an A+ rating for Offense, Defense, and Special Teams for I think 2 straight years.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:13 PM   #5
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

I just started this yesterday and enjoyed it so much it kept me up until 2 am....had to get up for work at 6 am. I'm suffering right now...

I went into this with a few things in mind:
1: All games would be simmed.
2: I do all of the recruiting with set rules as to be more realistic.
3: No matter what CRAP CPU team happened to beat me I have to accept it, no resimming.
4: Accept as many coaching jobs as I can. (a few teams I just refuse to play as)

Anyhow I started with Portland State. I put them in the MAC. Won like 3 games my first year, and thats only because I tuned down my schedule so it would reflect my prestige. 1 start baby! By my third year I was 7-4 but because of my soft schedule I still didn't get a bowl bid.

End of the 3rd year at Portland State, Mississipi State wanted me so I went. They were a 4 star team. After about 3 years and barely getting to a 5 star team I got an offer from Florida.

Florida was a 5 star but I managed to get them down to a 4 star in my first year. I, for some reason, struggled with them and spent 5 years at UF before finally winning a bowl game. I would do "ok" throughout the season only to get blown out in the big games.

I think I was starting to make a name for myself of "big game choker"

Anyhow I got an offer from Penn State and took it. I am now in my first year at Penn State and done with recruiting and gonna sim the first year when I get home.

I've been jumping to Week 16 and simming all at once then going back through all the S.I. stuff and stats and reflecting.

I'm enjoying it ALOT. I just wish you could get coaching offers from lesser schools. Once (if)I finally win an NC or two I will prolly have to just decline a contract extension and go look for a smaller school on my own. I hope to hell 2k5 and the changes that come with it make playing the coach alot more fun. Its a blast, dont get me wrong, but once you get to a power house, unless you go looking for yourself you will only get 6 star teams offering you jobs.

Sorry so long winded but I was having a blast. I am in year 15 I think, something around that anyway. Wonder how many years you can coach, or if they kill you off eventually?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2004, 07:19 PM   #6
Pro

TerpsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Spanky said:

One thing EA really needs to change -- and I have no faith in their ability or desire to do so -- is to eliminate the likelihood of half-arse programs like North Texas and Boise State from becoming national powers after a few years. EA also gives too much love to the MAC. There were about five MAC teams once in the top 25 in one dynasty I played.
If you run a dynasty and turn North Texas into a powerhouse, more power to you. But in simming situations, the computer should not allowed these lesser schools to become dominant.

Just create a coach during the bowl week and control them with that coach so they have to go to a BCS conference. Then delete the coach before going into the offseason. They should be out of the spotlight in two or three seasons.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I do that all the time. I did it with a bunch of friends one time. We all took one star schools near the bottom of the preseason rankings and just simmed, set depth charts and coaching strategies. You were allowed to take any job offer that you recieved. Most of my friends accpeted major college offers. I was Ohio U. and I just stayed there. I signed a second contract with them. It seemed to give me an advantage as in the end I had my program up to six stars before anyone else. I signed a contract extension on the second contract which made it for a total of 11 or 12 years. It went to the 17th year of our sim. Over the contract I won several national title games and only lost about 12 games. I ended the contract with three undefeated seasons and three MNCs in a row. I had a winning streak of over 50 games. It will be tough to forget what happened next. I got fired. I don't know why but I did. In fact, just to add insult to injury you could see my replacement celebrating on the SI cover at the end of the season. It leads me to imagine a team running out on the field to accept its trophy than as the coach is about to be interviewed the AD comes down and says the coach is fired. You reporters need to interview this guy I just brought in.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:07 PM   #8
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

LOL, that is harsh! I would have to take on another team just so I could pound them every year until they were one star again!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »