Home

Who thinks this game is gonna rule?

This is a discussion on Who thinks this game is gonna rule? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2004, 12:49 PM   #17
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Who thinks this game is gonna rule?

Quote:

Superstar said:
Quote:

Anaxamander said:
When I was a kid I was nuts about RPGs. The Dragon Warrior & Final Fantasy series were like heaven to me. Then I went through a phase in my teens where I played nothing but fighting games (i.e., Street Fighter, King of Fighters). Now that I'm older I've gotten more into sports games, especially college games like NCAA Football and ESPN College Hoops. I still play Street Fighter online every now and then, but I just don't have enough hours in the day to get deep into some of these MMORPGs, although it's an awesome concept that I could only dream about when I was a kid.

and really that is just a natural life cycle. Think about it, as a child you had a huge imagination(sp) and you could get fully wrapped up in those RPG's actually thinking you were in the game world. As you grew older you wanted to be rebel so you started showing those skills in fighting games. Now you have gotten older and want a true life experience that is fun and you can revisit whenever you want i.e. sport games.... hmm maybe I looked too much into that post but that is how I feel.

Right. The two main things I've always looked for in my gaming "career" are depth and replayability. RPGs provided that with the scope of a grand adventure and all the combinations of weapons, magic, and monsters. Then I fell in love with fighting games because I could spend so much time learning each individual character's moves and timing. To me it seemed much more fulfilling than platformers.

Honestly, I never got into sports games this much until the franchises started improving by such leaps and bounds. I've always loved sports, but the franchises are what got me hooked on sports video games.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:20 PM   #18
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

NCAA has been my favorite game the past 2-3 years as well. I've always like college football over pro football so that's why I liked it more than ESPN and Madden. Plus the fact that you can pick up a controller and play as your own school is awesome. Some of the players you know personally.
It has to be cool being able to play as yourself in a video game.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:25 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:

BigT34 said:I'm a bit scared to try some massive RPG like Everquest2, though, because I don't think I can afford to be addicted to that like many are.

One of my friends got into EverQuest BIG TIME. He told me once that he had bought game-currency to use in the game to buy crap that he wanted for his character. I thought about doing an intervention at that point, but it's his life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »