Home

Videos Now Working At EA

This is a discussion on Videos Now Working At EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2004, 09:13 AM   #33
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Videos Now Working At EA

Quote:

Jistic said:
I don't see the slowdown. WHere exactly do you see it?

Its not really slowdown as the speed is constant. The problem is the game is playing slow. Look at the DL moving - not just the time the QB has, but the rate at which they move. Its crawling.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:22 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I guess it's a preference thing, I kinda like it cuz the plays develop more. I thought they sped it up a bit too much last year anyway. I think a lot of games are way too fast anyhow. I remember tweaking the speed for NCAA hoops last year by playing the game and constantly switching over to a real game to try an emulate it. I guess it's just preference. Hopefully you will get used to it and it won't ruin the game for you.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:26 AM   #35
Rookie

xfactor's Arena

OVR: 2

I peeped out the videos, and the looked pretty good. I could tell they were rough versions by the numbers on the jerseys and the fact that the crowd was not moving. I like the new animations, but the lean in the runn seemed to last a lil too long. Guys were leaning when they had no need to. i hope that gets fixed, but it does not matter cuz I am buyin that joint anyway. I feel a sick day comin on its release!!!

X
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2004, 02:13 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:

xfactor said: Guys were leaning when they had no need to.

Yea, I noticed this on the SEC video. When Clausen throws the TD pass to that receiver, he does the whole off balance lean to avoid tacklers but theres no one near him, he could have gone in running normally.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:16 PM   #37
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I have to be honest and say that I'm not real impressed with the videos. And the slowdown is definitely there. I'm hoping they were doing it on purpose to highlight the moves the players were making. But I just don't know.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:19 PM   #38
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

"I'm hoping they were doing it on purpose to highlight the moves the players were making"

I thought the same thing last night too when I was trying the different levels from last year. The replays do seem to play slower than normal gameplay. I hope thats what we are seeing in the videos. However, from the E3 guys, thats just not the case.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:21 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

The game plays much slower this year. Almost quicksand-like. Doesn't make it "bad" necessarily, but it's drastically different.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:33 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

MattG said:
Quote:

ChicagoSparty said:
Quote:

fossen said:

Grrrr ...... where's my Mountain West?

Right between inconsequential and irrelevant.

It's still football and it's still our home conference...so be nice !! At least we do have some basketball glory in our conference.

Go Rebels !

I know, I was just kidding. Trust me, with the way MSU has played in recent years, there are plenty of teams out there that would've whipped us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »