Home

NCAA 2016 on ps2

This is a discussion on NCAA 2016 on ps2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2015, 10:41 PM   #25
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA 2016 on ps2

Quote:
Originally Posted by payton_34_chi
So are you going to edit 06 or 09? Kind of confused which game everyone decided to edit rosters for

Going with 2006. The gameplay is just much better than 09 even though 09 has some more features. After playing both games extensively I think this is the right thing to do. I'm really just praying we are able to get a bunch of roster modding done to get the game updated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 04:07 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hi I'm working with Harry97 via pm's on Football Freaks to experiment with ncaa ps2 uniforms. Wanted to report that last night I was able to use madden pc to decompress a random uniform file (turned out to be miami home unis) and insert them back uncompressed. I think copied my game disc on my hdd, replaced the uniform.dat with my modified one, and re-ran and lo and behold uni preview screens show the modded uniform!
Only issue is the game hangs when trying to go in-game or practice. Working on this.

Regarding rosters, this one is pretty simple: open template.dat. There is a huge PLAY table or something like that visibile in the madden pc db editor (available @ footballfreaks) - i dont think all the field names match madden pc but that file is completely uncompressed to begin with so roster editing should be straight forward with even a csv editor.

Thoughts?
Old 05-29-2015, 10:13 PM   #27
Rookie

Danbo80's Arena

OVR: 2

Can you tell us what else can be modded.

Team prestige?
12 game Schedules?
change start year to 2015?
Old 05-30-2015, 12:04 AM   #28
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

Top 25 rankings
preseason All Americans
Schedule changes for 2015

Have you had a chance to try out duplicate #'s or eligibility? Those are the two I'm most concerned with just for making the 2015 roster. I've been working on it.

Also I mentioned an idea to Harry about taking uniforms from other NCAA games and importing them into 06. It would be nice for the historic file as well since so many of those teams have generic uniforms that aren't all accurate. 2002 Ohio State, 1985 Oklahoma to name a few, these could be corrected just by adding the 06 default uniform in its place.

Another idea I had was to see if it is actually possible to change team names? I'm big into the historic rosters and instead of having all-time teams, I think it would be awesome to take All-Time Purdue and make them 2000 Purdue for example. Also if that is possible then we could probably take the yearly All-American teams and use those essentially as teambuilder slots to create 14 new teams with new team names/uniforms and possibly logos. That would be awesome. We could add many of the great teams that have been omitted from the list of default teams.

Will it be possible to add a names to Penn State? Just curious as to what is possible? You guys are great. Thanks for working on this for us.

Last edited by Gap Integrity; 05-30-2015 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:35 AM   #29
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

just wanted to post an update that the guys working on modding the game have been able to change duplicate numbers, eligibility, and have also had success importing uniforms from other versions of NCAA. awesome news. I'm still working on a current roster for 06. I'll post any other updates when I hear more from them.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:50 PM   #30
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gap Integrity
just wanted to post an update that the guys working on modding the game have been able to change duplicate numbers, eligibility, and have also had success importing uniforms from other versions of NCAA. awesome news. I'm still working on a current roster for 06. I'll post any other updates when I hear more from them.
Along the way, you guys do not need to forget to update the playbooks either. During a dynasty, anyone can update any playbook for any coach along with pass/run ratios which is pretty neat. But since you are updating rosters fro the current season, there will be a ton of teams that need a spread playbook. I'm not sure if you can update these without doing so in Dynasty mode but these need to be updated regardless.

I actually have a spreadsheet that, which is not finished yet, but it will contain the formations for every playbook for every team. Once I get done with that I can give it to you and you guys can use that to make playbook updates.

I am pretty sure the Florida playbook is the only playbook with nothing but shotgun formations so that one will be assigned to a ton of teams but at least you they will be accurate to what these new teams like to run. I will be pretty neat to see Tennessee run the spread while Georgia Tech running out of the Flexbone. I know there are no pistol formations but you guys can get close at least.

It only seems natural to update the playbooks along with the new rosters. I will let you know when I get that spreadsheet done.

Last edited by volwalker; 06-08-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:38 AM   #31
Rookie

stankonia6723's Arena

OVR: 4

Today's rosters for ncaa 06 wold be amazing! I went out and bought a ps2 with ncaa 06 07 08 09 and I agree 06 is the way to go. If someone figures out how to edit class I would defIntely contribute to this!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2015, 08:19 AM   #32
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stankonia6723
Today's rosters for ncaa 06 wold be amazing! I went out and bought a ps2 with ncaa 06 07 08 09 and I agree 06 is the way to go. If someone figures out how to edit class I would defIntely contribute to this!
I have ps2 named rosters for 06: D1, D2, and historical. Email me at [email protected] to get that ball rolling.

Last edited by volwalker; 07-23-2015 at 10:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »