Home

NCAA 2016 on ps2

This is a discussion on NCAA 2016 on ps2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2015, 06:28 PM   #33
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA 2016 on ps2

I've been working on the ps2 2015 roster for 06. I haven't heard too much from the guys over at footballidiot so I'm not sure what else those guys have unearthed. I can tell you that creating this roster from the console is a challenge. I have to create each player based off of eligibility or if there is a duplicate jersey number and keep track of what corrections will need to be made for each team. I wish there was a way to unlock the roster editing menu on 06, it would be much easier for me.

09 was certainly easier to edit and there were more options available. I'm not sure what all can be achieved through modding and how we can get it to console. It seems everything is being done on the ps2 emulator, but I just hope it can all be used on console and not restricted to PC.

I'm hoping to hear more from the guys on footballidiot on the progress they have made, it's summer and I'm sure they have lives as well. I'm with many of you here, I think playing NCAA 06 with current 2015 rosters with updated uniforms would be incredible. At this point I'm desperate enough to pay someone to try to do this stuff we want. I'm not capable of extracting and editing outside the parameters of the game. I'm just a dumb roster guy... but I'd be willing to pay for someone with the know how to make this stuff happen. I think the guys I've dealt with are more interested in making custom uniforms than messing with a roster project or making changes to the game like rankings, all-americans, schedules, coach names, etc.

Last edited by Gap Integrity; 07-24-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:30 PM   #34
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Gap,

I think the easiest way to do the rosters without modding is to manually do them on the ps2. Your roadblock is classification. It can be done though. Say you need a QB that is a freshman but have already ran out of qbs for that team. There is nothing stopping you from switching a safety to QB and adjusting his ratings.

Your other holdup is getting accurate ratings in which an updated roster on NCAA 14 could help there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2015, 08:01 AM   #35
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker

Your other holdup is getting accurate ratings in which an updated roster on NCAA 14 could help there.

I've been editing for the community PS3 rosters via the DB editor since around April/May, and again, I can get a spreadsheet for any team you may need assistance with ratings wise, Gap. And I can get you info for those small school teams you might need help with as well...I'm very knowledgeable with the MAC.

I'd love to see this thing done as well and am willing to help any way I can.

I keep meaning to look into the Madden 08 PC editor (I think that's what was being used) just to see what I can find, but as of this moment I don't have a way to move saves between console and computer. Having known my way around the DB editor, if I could get a max drive I might be able to help you more.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2015, 12:27 PM   #36
Pro

volwalker's Arena

NCAA 2016 on ps2

I figure someone has already made 15-16 rosters for NCAA 14. You can just use those as a base and manually put those in. Again, if you can work around the classes.

If you can do everything without a PC that would be great. Most guys still use their ps2 anyways. It will be a long time before the majority of us switch over to PC/emulator.

Last edited by volwalker; 07-25-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:01 PM   #37
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

The player eligibility is the biggest speed bump. I think what I have to do is create a correction sheet for each team so once we extract the roster from the memory card whomever does the edits has a solid list of corrections.... the trouble and time suck are like Volwalker mentioned... recreating players and position swaps to satisfy eligibility. I pretty much give up on maintaining duplicate jersey numbers because most of the time when I have a default pair the eligibility never lines up anyways. Re-rating players isn't too bad in terms of accuracy. I use Phil Steele for starts and projected depth charts for a good baseline. It does consume time, but I figure the easier I can make it on whomever does the external edits, the faster we will get the roster. I'm pretty good with rating players (did a lot of that with Cparrish on Buffeye Roster) so that's not a huge deal.
I know most of the work being done is on PC/emulator and I know I will always be a console guy.

Also Volwalker: is it possible to change defensive playbooks on 06? I'm not sure how this would work for 4-2-5 teams like TCU and such.

I really hope we can get answers on more than uniforms stuff from those guys. I'd love updated uniforms, but I'd be happy with upgraded uniforms from the 2011 ps2 version that could be imported. That would also be nice for the historical teams as well. I just have other concerns from an editing standpoint as to what can be done.
I'd love to see some things done that I mentioned before that I think would be huge for the dynasty experience. I think changing the default year in dynasty to 2015, naming coaches, changing pre-season all americans, schedules, and team rankings are important things also.

My biggest frustration and concern is that the pc/emulator guys will be happy to take our roster when complete, but I worry that they really care about ''console'' guys like us, and maybe they don't really make an effort to help us. I would be pretty upset to make this roster and not be able to enjoy the same experience on my console. Maybe I'm being a cynic.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:10 PM   #38
Pro

volwalker's Arena

NCAA 2016 on ps2

All the changes you just mentioned can really only done via emulator/modding.

Not sure if you can mod everything and throw it back on a ps2 to use. That's how I'm playing 06 on PC, via copying the disc to the PC.

Yes you can change defensive playbooks, but not outside of dynasty for CPU teams. In dynasty you can though for all the coaches/teams.

Last edited by volwalker; 07-25-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:14 PM   #39
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
All the changes you just mentioned can really only done via emulator/modding.

Not sure if you can mod everything and throw it back on a ps2 to use. That's how I'm playing 06 on PC, via copying the disc to the PC.

Yes you can change defensive playbooks, but not outside of dynasty for CPU teams. In dynasty you can though for all the coaches/teams.

Just wanted to check in and see how your progress was on this. I posted to your thread on footballidiot too. I've fairly successfully ported over one of the PS3 rosters here to PSP this week after several nights/weeks of studying and experimenting. I have a few small things left to do but I got a working roster set. I say this because PSP and PS2 use pretty much the same roster tdb structure and you should be able to do the same method to port over.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:49 PM   #40
Rookie

grantkovich's Arena

This is awesome news. I bought a copy of NCAA 06 a while back that has been sitting waiting to try this out on PS2. I'll look forward to hear as well and though I don't have any experience in this, I work in IT so if there's any way for me to help out please let me know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »