Home

The "Strength" Rating

This is a discussion on The "Strength" Rating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2004, 04:31 PM   #1
Rookie

jwb0581's Arena

OVR: 2
The \"Strength\" Rating

Does anyone know how it effects the game? You would think the Run Block rating or Break Tackle or Tackle ratings would take care of strength-related issues. Anyone know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2004, 05:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The \"Strength\" Rating

When it comes to O-linemen, Run Block vs Strength has confused me as well. I've always assumed that Run Block applied more to the "technique" and Strength was more for sheer drive-blocking, but it's hard to prove that theory when you're playing a game.

What would be GREAT is if one of the programmers would give a run-down on specifically what each attribute impacts. For example, what impacts the number of pancakes: 70% strength, 30% run-block as an example.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:15 PM   #3
Rookie

ps2sportgamer's Arena

OVR: 5

i think its mostly used for the OL and DL.

i knoticed that when i controlled the Best DL on Ohio State ala Will Smith, he was able to power through more often than a 63 STR rated player (that just got to the QB a little)
Old 06-17-2004, 05:46 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

I know for a fact this particular stat does nothing for the runningbacks. I had several runningbacks in my franchise with mid-nineties strength and mid-70's break tackles. If so much as a rough wind blew by these backs would crumble. But I have noticed that the higher the strength level in D-linemen the better he penetrates the line.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:02 PM   #5
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4

I think 3bitz has it...

I think strength probably relates to breaking, or shedding blocks... or pushing O-linemen back, = penetration.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »