Home

Recruting Help- NCAA 14

This is a discussion on Recruting Help- NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2015, 06:36 PM   #9
MVP

RedRaider10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Recruting Help- NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
I think a lot of it depends on how good your team already is. If you're at a 6-star program and already rated 99 Overall, you really only need to focus on a small group of players to fill upcoming team needs. If your team is really bad, the fill your board and try to upgrade all around, and just try to sign as many quality players as you can regardless of position. As a 1-star school you'll benefit more from signing 10 decent 3-star recruits at any spot than you would getting lucky and signing one 5-star stud but missing out on those ten 3-star guys.
I agree with this post, the way I described my recruiting was for my already highly rated team, if I do a smaller school I usually add about 15-20 and go from there.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:06 AM   #10
Rookie

Can anybody tell me why sometimes when i have like a 2,000 point lead the computer seems to make up like 1,000 of those points in one week? This sucks because i always start my dynasty with the worst team in the game and i will have a nice lead on a prospect to only have what seems to be imaginary points for the computer steal him away.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:45 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoWantBeef
Can anybody tell me why sometimes when i have like a 2,000 point lead the computer seems to make up like 1,000 of those points in one week? This sucks because i always start my dynasty with the worst team in the game and i will have a nice lead on a prospect to only have what seems to be imaginary points for the computer steal him away.

What I do is I always try to put 500 points into any guy I recruit. Of course if you are choosing a bad team and don't win that much or those grades for play style, etc don't match up big time sways can happen like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2015, 08:21 PM   #12
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
CPU team(s) scheduled a visit I bet.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:49 PM   #13
Banned

Coach P's Arena

ALWAYS fill your entire board, the bonus points can keep you in the race for a recruit you aren't actually recruiting until the end of the season.

I always find 16-20 guys that I feel I NEED to make my squad better. Top 4-8 on the board are position needs (they get 500 points). Everyone else in the top 16-20 gets 200 points. It's worked pretty well for me over the last few years.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:51 PM   #14
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Sometimes the CPU will make inexplicable jumps in the points chase. The most dramatic gain I've seen was a +4090 points, and it was not even the CPU's visit week.

Thread here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ecruiting.html

Quote:
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 06-08-2015, 11:42 AM   #15
Rookie

When I start with a lower team I make sure to use my points wisely.
Make sure your school rates higher on bonus points so its not a waist.
Scout, scout, scout.
My first 2 years at a small school I usually try and find 1 gamechanger (QB, RB, DE) and then load up on a ton of 3 star guys if possible to bring up the overall talent.
Stick to your pipeline states
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2016, 01:10 PM   #16
BSK
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter323
When I start with a lower team I make sure to use my points wisely.
Make sure your school rates higher on bonus points so its not a waist.
Scout, scout, scout.
My first 2 years at a small school I usually try and find 1 gamechanger (QB, RB, DE) and then load up on a ton of 3 star guys if possible to bring up the overall talent.
Stick to your pipeline states
I use the same time 4

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »