Home

Really, Guys, PS2 version or XBOX, Seriously?

This is a discussion on Really, Guys, PS2 version or XBOX, Seriously? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 03:16 AM   #1
sow
Rookie

OVR: 0
Really, Guys, PS2 version or XBOX, Seriously?

Im a little confused on whether to purchase the PS2 version or XBOX. Someone please Help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2004, 03:24 AM   #2
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: Really, Guys, PS2 version or XBOX, Seriously?

That all depends on many factors...

Do you like online play? If so, Xbox

Want better graphics? Xbox

Better controller? PS2

There doesn't seem to be a slowdown issue with the Xbox version anymore, so I'd say the gameplay is about the same for both consoles.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:28 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

*The online experience will probably be better for the PS2 since it's amount of online NCAA Football users largly outweighs that of the XBox. Since the vast majority of NCAA Football games are sold for the PS2, this will give gamers more variety when it comes to setting up the matchups. You wouldn't think this would make that much of a difference, but trust me it does - especially late at night when the user counts drop way down. The more players floating around in the Lobbies, the better. You'll see this brought up more over the next few months as users begin to jump online and play each other.

*The PS2 version will offer a more comfortable controller like it always has. It's hard to beat the PS2 controller based on the feel and flexibility. Not much else to say here.

*Expect graphics for the X-Box to be a bit more polished around the edges. Not a big difference when you get down to it, but there will be some modest differences that keen observers will notice over the PS2 version.

*Simulation also tends to be about 35-40% faster for the X-Box during those simulated seasons. This is due large in part to the memory modules of the X-Box that can handle larger chunks of data at one time.

*Some slowdown was seen at 2004 E3 as in previous years in the X-Box version of NCAA Football. Whether EA has corrected this by launch date has left some purists skeptical. The EA team has always based the NCAA Football product around the PS2 version as it's bread-and-butter and then ported those over to X-Box and Gamecube versions. This may explain the slowdown in some of the X-Box/Gamecube versions last year as less time is usually spent on them.

In the end, the X-Box and PS2 versions are very similar with only modest differences between the two. I owned both last year just to see what the differences are, and I came away impressed with both versions. Personally, I'd choose the PS2 version based on the fact that it has always played better overall than the X-Box variety. More fluid gameplay(no slowdown) combined with a larger online supporting audience and the flexible controller options will probably be the reasons why I buy this for the PS2 first this year.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:04 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

ps2 because it will have better control, the ps2 is a better pad for the game and there are no concerns about slowdown whatsoever.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:20 AM   #5
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

We've already done this thread. Find it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »