Home

Full list of Top 25 Toughest Places to Play...

This is a discussion on Full list of Top 25 Toughest Places to Play... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2004, 01:14 PM   #73
Pro

PDex's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Full list of Top 25 Toughest Places to Play...

Quote:

BARAK said:
Is HFA just about crowd noise, or overall intimidation when you are playing a team on the road. If you were a freshman going to the Orange bowl to play Miami, and they hadnt lost in 58 games there. How would that affect you?

I see, maybe Kinnick got that high on the list because of the all pink visitor's locker rooms.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:30 PM   #74
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

Badboy49er said:
Quote:

stoncold32 said:
Quote:

NYRangers31 said:
Sorry if already posted:

1. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Forida
2. Neyland Stadium, Tennessee
3. Ohio Stadium, Ohio State
4. Tiger Stadium, Louisiana State
5. Autzen Stadium, Oregon
6. Husky Stadium, Washington
7. Kyle Field, Texas A&M
8. Camp Randall Stadium, Wisconsin
9. Memorial Stadium, Nebraska
10. Sanford Stadium, Georgia
11. Kinnick Stadium, Iowa
12. Michigan Stadium, Michigan
13.Lane Stadium, Virginia Tech
14. Doak Campbell Stadium, Florida State
15. Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame
16. Clemson Memorial Stadium, Clemson
17. Beaver Stadium, Penn State
18. Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, Oklahoma
19. Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn
20. Carrier Dome, Syracuse
21. Bryant-Denny Stadium, Alabama
22. KSU Stadium, Kansas State
23. Mountaineer Field, West Virginia
24. Martin Stadium, Washington State
25. Miami Stadium, Miami

I'm sorry but I dont think we should be on here at all...especially not above schools like Alabama and Auburn. That part is a joke. I was at our UCLA game last year and it was pretty quiet in tehre even when they were hanging with us in the first half, and this was when Perkins set the NCAA punt return record. Although I do believe the OSU game this year was pretty loud, but thats cause they'd beat us the past 2 years.

I also dont feel Miami should be on here at all. The loudest crowd I've ever heard was at a live (then) WWF event a few years back when the Rock and Stone Cold came out. THAT was defening.

First of all what is up with "Miami Stadium" its the freakin Orange bowl ..LOL

And second ..are you crazy ..Miami shouldnt be there ...Miami should be MUCH higher than that . Your telling me with the 'Canes numerous LONG home winning streaks they shouldnt be there ?? What was the last major streak they had going at home ..58 games i believe ?? Your right ..not hard to play at the Orange bowl

I believe the last "long" home game win streak was Florida at around 40, and it ended in 1999. No one else has come close to that.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:51 PM   #75
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Hum, Florida never had a winning streak get that high. Now FSU went undefeated at home from 93-01. Would have been a winning streak that long excpet for the tie against UF in 94.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2004, 03:18 PM   #76
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5

Funny, every Michigan fan I've talked to that's been to both has conceded that Kinnick is much louder than Michigan. Perhaps it was quiet from your seat (your living room chair), but this past year's UM-UI game was deafening. Especially on the first down sack right after we went up 30-20. You've seen all those videos of receivers holding up their hands cause they can't hear the audible, right? Yeah, that was Michigan at the end of the 4th quarter. It happened at least three times and cost you a timeout.

Every homefield list I've ever seen, even the biased ones, always have Iowa higher than Michigan. Just last year, Kirk Herbstreit said Kinnick is the toughest place to play in the Big Ten. You may continue to make yourself believe that Kinnick is quiet, but you're in an overwhelming minority.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:22 PM   #77
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Heh, info on Florida's home streak was just posted in the College Football forum.

No. 75 - Swamped
Alabama 40Florida 39 October 2, 1999
Florida had the best home-field advantage in college football having won thirty straight games in The Swamp. The Gators appeared to have their usually powerful squad and the young defense appeared to be hitting its stride. Then Alabama running back Shaun Alexander rolled into town. Along with the passing of quarterback Andrew Zow (28 for 40 for 336 yards and two touchdowns), Alabama's offense was having its way with Florida as Alexander rumbled for three touchdowns and a tough 81 yards. He also caught four passes for 91 yards in regulation keeping the Tide in the game. Alexander's third touchdown put the game into overtime. Florida got the ball first and went right to work as quarterback Doug Johnson hit Reche Caldwell for a six-yard touchdown to put the Gators up 39-33. The normally reliable Gator placekicker Jeff Chandler pushed the extra point wide. Now it was up to Gator D to hold tough. They didn't as Alexander tore off a 25-yard scoring run to tie up the game. All Bama needed was the extra point and the upset was complete, but a miracle appeared to have happened as Chris Kemp missed the extra point to give the Gators a new life. But there was a flag on the field...offsides, Florida. The penalty didn't affect the kick, but it was an penalty nonetheless. Kemp made the most of his second chance hitting the extra point and pulling out the win. Best stat of the game? Time of possession: 41:22 for Alabama to 18:38 for Florida.
Historical Significance: Had Florida been able to hold tough, it would've been 10-0 going into the Florida State game setting up one of the biggest showdowns in the history of the rivalry as the Noles were on their way to a 12-0 season. The Gators would have a chance at their revenge against the Tide in the SEC title game, but Bama shocked the college football world by laying a 34-7 pasting on Florida. Alabama finished the season 10-3 losing two of those games by a total of two points.

collegefootballnews.com

The streak was 30, not 40.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:50 PM   #78
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

Dauminator said:
Funny, every Michigan fan I've talked to that's been to both has conceded that Kinnick is much louder than Michigan. Perhaps it was quiet from your seat (your living room chair), but this past year's UM-UI game was deafening. Especially on the first down sack right after we went up 30-20. You've seen all those videos of receivers holding up their hands cause they can't hear the audible, right? Yeah, that was Michigan at the end of the 4th quarter. It happened at least three times and cost you a timeout.

Every homefield list I've ever seen, even the biased ones, always have Iowa higher than Michigan. Just last year, Kirk Herbstreit said Kinnick is the toughest place to play in the Big Ten. You may continue to make yourself believe that Kinnick is quiet, but you're in an overwhelming minority.

Eh...the moment you call someone a liar is the moment your opinion loses a lot of its worth...

See you September 25th, Hawkeye...at the Big House...3 in a row? I doubt it.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:59 PM   #79
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

stoncold32 said:
Quote:

fishepa said:
Quote:

Badboy49er said:
Quote:

stoncold32 said:
Quote:

NYRangers31 said:
Sorry if already posted:

1. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Forida
2. Neyland Stadium, Tennessee
3. Ohio Stadium, Ohio State
4. Tiger Stadium, Louisiana State
5. Autzen Stadium, Oregon
6. Husky Stadium, Washington
7. Kyle Field, Texas A&M
8. Camp Randall Stadium, Wisconsin
9. Memorial Stadium, Nebraska
10. Sanford Stadium, Georgia
11. Kinnick Stadium, Iowa
12. Michigan Stadium, Michigan
13.Lane Stadium, Virginia Tech
14. Doak Campbell Stadium, Florida State
15. Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame
16. Clemson Memorial Stadium, Clemson
17. Beaver Stadium, Penn State
18. Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, Oklahoma
19. Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn
20. Carrier Dome, Syracuse
21. Bryant-Denny Stadium, Alabama
22. KSU Stadium, Kansas State
23. Mountaineer Field, West Virginia
24. Martin Stadium, Washington State
25. Miami Stadium, Miami

I'm sorry but I dont think we should be on here at all...especially not above schools like Alabama and Auburn. That part is a joke. I was at our UCLA game last year and it was pretty quiet in tehre even when they were hanging with us in the first half, and this was when Perkins set the NCAA punt return record. Although I do believe the OSU game this year was pretty loud, but thats cause they'd beat us the past 2 years.

I also dont feel Miami should be on here at all. The loudest crowd I've ever heard was at a live (then) WWF event a few years back when the Rock and Stone Cold came out. THAT was defening.

First of all what is up with "Miami Stadium" its the freakin Orange bowl ..LOL

And second ..are you crazy ..Miami shouldnt be there ...Miami should be MUCH higher than that . Your telling me with the 'Canes numerous LONG home winning streaks they shouldnt be there ?? What was the last major streak they had going at home ..58 games i believe ?? Your right ..not hard to play at the Orange bowl

Miami could have been playing in a 2000 seat high school stadium and they still would kill everyone. It's not really their defeaning crowd noise that helps Miami win games, its just their talent.

Thank you. Miami just has good teams,...they're crowd is almost as boring as the Laker fans unless some game winning play happens. And I dont know if EA has the rights to use "Orange Bowl." I cant recall now but is Louisville's stadium on NCAA 2004 called "Papa Johns Stadium" like it is in real life?

Pffft , thats it ...you think its the team ?? OB holds 80,000 ..i live here in Miami , i go to the games every year ..im sorry but the OB is way louder than being given credit for here obviously ,..the OB is intimidating to play in . Just ask FSU how it is to play there .
Old 06-27-2004, 05:11 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

With regards to Kinnicks pink locker rooms, all I have to say is buy some tape, and big roll of brown paper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »