Home

04 Recruting Question

This is a discussion on 04 Recruting Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2004, 04:21 PM   #1
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
04 Recruting Question

I know its a video game, but I was wonmdering if anyone thinks the numbers are off as far as speed for good players goes. I barely found an outside linebacker or middle linebacker for instance that ran less than a 4.6 40 which is slow for good college teams. is this a flaw? I just went through a recruting session with FSU and thought it was odd. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2004, 06:04 PM   #2
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: 04 Recruting Question

Quote:

poster said:
I barely found an outside linebacker or middle linebacker for instance that ran less than a 4.6 40 which is slow for good college teams.

You, sir, are out of touch. 4.6 is extremely fast for a linebacker. Even most college runningbacks and receivers run in the 4.5-4.7 range. Shaud Williams at Alabama ran a 4.85 at the combine. You have a vastly different perception of the talent level in the college (and NFL for that matter) ranks than you should. Man, that is crazy.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:15 PM   #3
All Star

poster's Arena

I know some college teams like Miami and FSU would get small linebackers that could run a 4.4 or 4.5. The problem I had is that even the highest rated players could not run in that range which to me is flawed. Maybe I just had a group of players that were not fast.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:22 PM   #4
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4

Poster:

The one thing that is flawed in NCAA 04 recruiting is that MLBs are faster than OLBs.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:22 PM   #5
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

poster said:
I know some college teams like Miami and FSU would get small linebackers that could run a 4.4 or 4.5. The problem I had is that even the highest rated players could not run in that range which to me is flawed. Maybe I just had a group of players that were not fast.

40 times during recruiting are always inflated anyway; everyone says 4.3 when they really run 4.5. Teddy Lehman ran a 4.38 when he got to OU and that was his advertised speed his whole career; in reality he ran 4.55-4.6. Believe me, not everyone who says they run sub 4.4 can really do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2004, 07:00 PM   #6
All Star

poster's Arena

ya I guess youre right. In the game it doesnt matter because my guys are fast and they gain speed as they mature. Good talking to you soldier!
Old 06-28-2004, 07:01 PM   #7
All Star

poster's Arena

Ya I noticed that, so i guess I am not crazy. Cool thanks for the info Razorbacker!
Old 06-28-2004, 07:42 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 27

whore much?

Look at the times, 4:00 and 4:01

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »