Home

Is it me or has Sim Stats gone bonkers in NCAA 14 over time?

This is a discussion on Is it me or has Sim Stats gone bonkers in NCAA 14 over time? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2015, 04:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is it me or has Sim Stats gone bonkers in NCAA 14 over time?

Alright, let me begin by saying when I first got this game when it first came out, and it's sim engine seemed outstanding. I used Auburn, implemented their Spread Option formation and was dominating for 2 yrs or so. Our average ToP was somewhere 37-38 Mins. Had a great going, and then I got a set of twins(1 boy and 1 girl) in my life, and I had to bring my sister to move into my GF and mine's place to escape a real toxic relationship. Long story short, I didn't have a lot, if any, time to dedicate to gaming, and so NCAA 14 collected dust for a good yr or so. Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago, and now that alot of the tumultuous aspects of my life are under control, plus I start to get dat "Football itch" and in I pop NCAA 14. I see I still have my Auburn dynasty up, and I go on ahead and resume it and get to simming a season. The result was......certainly not what I remembered.

My 2nd String RB will wind up the leading rusher and sometimes, for the opposing teams, the QB will lead his team in carries during some games. Passing yards leaders don't even crack 4000 yards anymore. The team that led the nation in scoring "only" averaged 36.2 PPG, which is great for the NFL, but for college? Especially when TCU, Baylor, and even Marshall avgd 45+ last yr. Nobody gets 100+ tackles anymore. Nobody gets 10+ sacks anymore. And EVERYBODY will have just about equal ToP in simulations. Even teams for me, I will wind up w/maybe 32 mins of ToP even against squads like Buffalo. 0 teams averaged 500 ypg of offense when about 12 or so did it in real life. Granted, the game did require an update, so is that's what's causing the screw-ups? Was there a gameplay tuner update that nerfed everything? Are there any remedies to this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 10:32 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Is it me or has Sim Stats gone bonkers in NCAA 14 over time?

I always thought the sim stats were more on the lines of NFL based than NCAA... I think the sim stats favor the running game like its 1974 instead of the Passing game as well.

Qb's come in with such low awareness ratings the passing stats will go down.

You want to lower Qb's carry ratings if you want them to stop running as much.

There are some things you can do but it isn't guaranteed it will help but I think they do:

Change Ratings of players
Change Aggressive Sliders for Teams
Change Run/Pass Ratios
Change Coaches so they all mirror each others settings (If Texas Tech hires Navy's offensive coordinator its hard to tell what is really going on in the sim world with those drastic differences in ratios)

Also don't forget a lot of cpu skill guys get injured during sim games so their stats get cut... If you want to see better stats turn injuries off. If you prefer stats over injuries occurring.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:44 PM   #3
Rookie

I have gotten good results using the editor and at the beginning of each season setting ALL QB awareness to 88 and ALL defensive players awareness to 77. It gives me multiple quarterbacks throwing over 4,000 (and once in a while 5,000) without making the completion percentage likewise go through the roof. I also do increase all coaches sim run/pass ratio by 5 (with the exception of the heavy run teams that have it set to 30). Certainly not perfect as quarterbacks still run too much. Otherwise it is good. Hope that helps you.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:08 AM   #4
Just started!

It gives me multiple quarterbacks throwing over 4,000 without making the completion percentage likewise go through the roof.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEBREAKER85
I always thought the sim stats were more on the lines of NFL based than NCAA... I think the sim stats favor the running game like its 1974 instead of the Passing game as well.

Qb's come in with such low awareness ratings the passing stats will go down.

You want to lower Qb's carry ratings if you want them to stop running as much.

There are some things you can do but it isn't guaranteed it will help but I think they do:

Change Ratings of players
Change Aggressive Sliders for Teams
Change Run/Pass Ratios
Change Coaches so they all mirror each others settings (If Texas Tech hires Navy's offensive coordinator its hard to tell what is really going on in the sim world with those drastic differences in ratios)

Also don't forget a lot of cpu skill guys get injured during sim games so their stats get cut... If you want to see better stats turn injuries off. If you prefer stats over injuries occurring.
It seems like it mirrors 1974 now. LOL. It's just insane, b/c before it really had the look of today's college landscape. I thoroughly remember 8 squads putting up 40+ ppg and QBs having huge numbers and ToP wasn't equal for everyone. I think, when I updated the game, there was perhaps a tuner that set everything back perhaps? Any way to get it back? Even if it means I can't play online anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeandhalfstars
I have gotten good results using the editor and at the beginning of each season setting ALL QB awareness to 88 and ALL defensive players awareness to 77. It gives me multiple quarterbacks throwing over 4,000 (and once in a while 5,000) without making the completion percentage likewise go through the roof. I also do increase all coaches sim run/pass ratio by 5 (with the exception of the heavy run teams that have it set to 30). Certainly not perfect as quarterbacks still run too much. Otherwise it is good. Hope that helps you.
Editor? Is there a database editor for the game?!?! I didn't even know that. But you change all the defensive players awareness to 77? Is that a hassle, or is there a Mass Edit feature you can use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisouque
It gives me multiple quarterbacks throwing over 4,000 without making the completion percentage likewise go through the roof.
Are you referring to the DB Editor previously posted?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2015, 10:33 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeandhalfstars
Does this not change the Dynamic of the game though when actually playing it? Wouldnt every player have the same "AI" or "intelligence" so to speak when doing that? What would separate a QB with 95 Awr than 68? Or is there no difference?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »