Home

How do you stop the CPU from scouting recruits?

This is a discussion on How do you stop the CPU from scouting recruits? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2015, 04:36 PM   #9
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you stop the CPU from scouting recruits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALG
One of my house rules for the dynasties I'm starting is no scouting until after a recruit has commited to the school, but it seems like the CPU automatically scouts them when I add them to my recruiting board. I've checked to make sure all of the recruiting assets are turned off and they are, so I'm clueless. Can anyone explain to me what I'm doing wrong?
This goes out to all the responders - So you dont want to scout players until they commit to your school? What if you get no commits until week 14? Just saying.. and coaches IRL scout players for YEARS before they offer so why would you do that? I wish they had the scouting system like NCAA Basketball 2k8.. you could scout all the way to 9th graders.. that was the BEST recruiting engine EVER.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:51 PM   #10
ALG
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
This goes out to all the responders - So you dont want to scout players until they commit to your school? What if you get no commits until week 14? Just saying.. and coaches IRL scout players for YEARS before they offer so why would you do that? I wish they had the scouting system like NCAA Basketball 2k8.. you could scout all the way to 9th graders.. that was the BEST recruiting engine EVER.
Personally, it just makes recruiting slightly more difficult to me. I don't know if I'm getting a gem or a bust until they commit, so it's always a surprise or disappointment. I never played NCAA Basketball 2k8, but I think the recruiting in NCAA Football 14 is good. A bit too easy though, which is why I decided to start using house rules.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:28 AM   #11
Rookie

Unless you edit every team's coaching trees recruiting on NCAA is to easy. I would suggest you use no upgrades if you are looking for a challenge. I edited every coach in the country to make the legit programs more powerful then the mediocre's and then you def. need the upgrades.

Yes teams scout guys for years, but how many 5*'s amount to nothings? It makes it so much more fun to see if your guy ends up a stud or a dud after you sign him and it is more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »