Home

NEED CONFERENCE ALIGNMENT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on NEED CONFERENCE ALIGNMENT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 09:15 AM   #17
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NEED CONFERENCE ALIGNMENT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

BleedPurple said:
Until then, you may just have to realize that it's only a game and may not be exactly like real life.

That's a cop-out.

So I guess nothing at all in this game is a big deal, then. If every third game took place in the wrong team's stadium, I guess you wouldn't be the slightest bit bothered by that, since "it's only a game and it may not be exactly like real life."

This is every bit as big an issue as rotating schedules, in my book. But then, maybe that's just because my conference is going to be welcoming six new teams into the fold in 2005, whereas yours isn't changing. I'm sure ACC fans would like to be able to play a championship game in NCAA 2005 at some point, and I'm sure Big East fans want to be able bid farewell to Temple.

Sure, it's not real life. But it's as close as you can get, and it would be nice if it reflected that as much as possible by implementing the biggest conference upheaval in college football in a very, very long time.

That being said, I doubt it's in there, and I'll be extremely surprised if it is.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:17 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:

jeremyus said:
Well, I guess no one will be able to answer this one question. Seems kind of sad doesn't it?

Here is the answer: In NCAA 2005, every team will be where they are going to play this season (2004). There will be NO realignment after year 1 in this game, and there will be no way for the user to manually realign the teams (other than by subbing in 1-AA teams in a dynasty, or by getting their own team invited to a new conference).

This is not idle speculation, this is FACT. Does it suck? Yes. Will the vast majority of the people disappointed by this still get the game? Of course, because this series is simply one of the greatest video game experiences out there.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:21 AM   #19
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11

Do you have a link to that info? Not that I doubt you, but I'd like to close the door and have my tiny little ray of hope unequivocably crushed once and for all.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:29 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

BleedPurple said:
I am certain that all of the conferences will be correct and up-to-date...in NCAA 2006. Until then, you may just have to realize that it's only a game and may not be exactly like real life.

hell naw! It's unacceptable that the only way I get to play my conference foe, Louisville, is if I add them to my non-conference schedule (if we're not playing them this year). I just hope they have the rotating schedules done right.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:30 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

In NCAA 2003, K-State incorrectly played Louisville's fight song during the game. Was I disappointed, yes, but did I b!tch and moan and threaten not to buy the next edition, heck no. Because it's a game. I am amazed how much these guys actually get right, considering the are computer nerds and probably know very little about football in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 09:32 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 10

If it really bothers you that much, just don't buy the game. That will show them.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:33 AM   #23
Rookie

daveyboy79's Arena

OVR: 3

How certain are you that there is no conference realignment? I don't think it is that difficult to code and this is going to be major change in 2005.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:39 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 26

You know, it hasn't been mentioned in a single preview or review for the game. So, why do you think anyone would know the answer here? LOCKED
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »