Home

Recruiting info at IGN

This is a discussion on Recruiting info at IGN within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2004, 12:16 AM   #41
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Recruiting info at IGN

I have a feeling that Hil is wrong about the rosters as he usually isn't the most accurate on facts, but other than that the game looks great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 12:18 AM   #42
Operation Sports Fan

Longhorn33's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
IM also scratching my head on the 62 roster spots he mentions...can some mod with EA connections try and see what the deal is with this?

I bet it is still 70 and as in the prior year if you are under the limit you do not recieve the cut notification. I bet since he was under the limit he did not get the notification and assumed 62 was the limit, because that is what he had.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:34 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

hmm, it sounded to me like he was saying that the player had different attributes everytime after recruiting.... Potential worked well for me. High potential guys almost always jumped 10 or 15 points at least before there senior year. Course, I had a few busts, see the 210lb 6'2" safety who ran a 4.38 40 but never made the field, but that is totally realistic.

Also, I think it is a 70 man limit. They corrected people when they thought it was a 75 man limit so I would assume they would have mentioned it if it had been reduced.

Also, North Texas being in top 25 isn't any more far fetched then saying TCU or Marshall or Tulane or Fresno State would be in top 25 4 or 5 years ago. They are a good team, and have probably one of the best D tackle combos in the country this year.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:21 AM   #44
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

penz said:
The cornerbak prospect on page 2 is 6'5" 169. Is it just me or is that way too thin?

Yeah it is a little thin, but I'm assuming since its a kid fresh out of high school he's going to be thin. When i graduated high school I was about 5'10" 175 and now 3 years later I'm 6'1" 208.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:24 AM   #45
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm just happy for the chance to finally change any player's positions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 03:51 AM   #46
SM*G*XX*R

marque1d's Arena

OVR: 4

If TCU went 9-3 they would not be #24 in any poll. Am I being to picky to think this way? This is the exact reason why some many mid of the pack teams go on to be dominate. If they had of won, they would have moved into the top 20 at the end of the season and they would be 18 or so come pre-season. And the cycle goes on.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:43 AM   #47
Rookie

xboxfever's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

marque1d said:
If TCU went 9-3 they would not be #24 in any poll. Am I being to picky to think this way? This is the exact reason why some many mid of the pack teams go on to be dominate. If they had of won, they would have moved into the top 20 at the end of the season and they would be 18 or so come pre-season. And the cycle goes on.

TCU was ranked at the end of last season and had a good team. They arent really a middle of the road team, they are slightly better.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:21 AM   #48
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

Jistic said:

Do I take this to mean that there will be All-COnference teams this year? YES!

That is SPIFFY. Not just the All-Conference stuff, but the interface, as well.

One problem I see:

The Superdome still has Astroturf in the game! Pay attention, EA! And also, that's not the logo the NO Bowl uses at midfield. What a joke.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »