Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Playoff

Actually, they had this feature in '96.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:56 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

EA tries to be realistic with its college football franchise and I dont think that there will be a playoff system until it is actually implemented into real life. This problem with this is that it will never happen. Football is not a college sport that you can hold a playoff because I would make the season too long for the student-athletes and the universities.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:38 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not true. The AA boys find time for a playoff and hell baseball goes into mid-summer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2004, 07:10 PM   #12
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:

Donkus said:
Not true. The AA boys find time for a playoff and hell baseball goes into mid-summer.

Good point. I know that the main reason, as we all know, that there is not a playoff is because of $$$. However, I don't see why bowl games could not be implemented into a playoff. Some teams would just play more than one bowl a year. I think each of the "big conference" championshs should square off in a playoff, in which each game would be a "bowl".

And that's not to say the other bowls would have to be excluded, have all the other bowl games played just like they've always been.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:50 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

I'm just going to guess and say EA's idea of a playoff system is an extra mode where you can select 32 teams and have a playoff. I don't think we'll see an end of the year playoff system, like we had in the last PS1 game. We can hope but don't get them too high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »