Home

Best / most interesting recruits

This is a discussion on Best / most interesting recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Best / most interesting recruits

I've seen a similar thread in the past but it's more or less died so since people are now back to playing NCAA a ton, I thought I'd create a new thread for people to talk about the best recruits they've found along with interesting scenarios like an ATH who could be a star at multiple positions etc.

I for one rarely see ATH who could play LB, wish there were more of those. I have come across 1 or 2 guys of the Derrick Henry mold, where they could be an LB given their size and ratings but their BTK / TRK is too enticing so I end up placing them at RB.

Currently recruiting a QB with mid-80s speed / accel, 85 THP, 79 accuracy, and is 6'3 225. Reminds me so much of Dak Prescott! Hoping to land him but I'm currently behind a few hundred points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2015, 10:45 PM   #2
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

Re: Best / most interesting recruits

What's the highest rated non-juco and non-kicker/punter y'all have ever recruited?
Old 10-28-2015, 10:55 PM   #3
MVP

whughes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDrocks
What's the highest rated non-juco and non-kicker/punter y'all have ever recruited?
I just recruited a 4* gem rb who came in at a 78 as a true freshman. That's my highest rated recruit

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 10-28-2015, 11:07 PM   #4
Rookie

I started a dynasty at UTSA last year and in my third year, while my starting QB was a RS SR, I landed an ATH who was 75-77 at CB, SS, and FS, but he had 91 speed and 88 acceleration with 83 THP and 78 THA. I was running a spread option playbook at the time and I naturally threw him at QB and he started day one as a 79 QB or something around there. Dominic Romero ended up breaking all the rushing records at UTSA as well as the passing records. He had around 170-180 total touchdowns, over 10, 000 yards passing and nearly 4000 rushing.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just the # 6 QB 6'2" 195, 72 spd, 84 agl, 82 acc with 96 thp and 82 tha. He was a 4* 74 ovr, so nothing extra ordinary but I loved the arm strength. After scouting him he is a +8, 82 ovr.

I've had a few 80's over ther course of many seasons, but, I think this is the highest.

What is the highest jump anyone has seen after scouting. I have seen +10 a few times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 02:33 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDrocks
I had an 83 OVR TE. I think he was 81+2 after scouting. 6'6, Gronk-like with high 80s spd/acc. I have rarely seen any LBs or DEs above 81 (if ever..).
Old 10-29-2015, 02:34 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
I just recruited a 4* gem rb who came in at a 78 as a true freshman. That's my highest rated recruit
Depending on what team you're playing with you'll definitely end up finding guys in the low 80s but those are typically the cream of the crop who are only going to go to bigtime schools. 78 OVR is great at RB regardless though as a true freshman!
Old 10-29-2015, 02:36 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker
I just the # 6 QB 6'2" 195, 72 spd, 84 agl, 82 acc with 96 thp and 82 tha. He was a 4* 74 ovr, so nothing extra ordinary but I loved the arm strength. After scouting him he is a +8, 82 ovr.

I've had a few 80's over ther course of many seasons, but, I think this is the highest.

What is the highest jump anyone has seen after scouting. I have seen +10 a few times.
Wow 82 OVR FR QB is pretty rare to see in recruiting! I see a lot of 79-81, can't think of an 82 I've ever seen. Biggest jump I've seen / signed was +9 offensive tackle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »