Home

User Controlled Punting

This is a discussion on User Controlled Punting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2016, 11:39 AM   #17
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: User Controlled Punting

I had a successful one in a practice game. Punting from around the 43, I nailed the accuracy bar, pressed and held RB at the same moment I kicked the ball, and at the same time held down on the left stick. It hit at the 8, bounced to about the 3 where it just died at the 1. This really works - for now, I don't know how often. I had only done it in practice and had kind of forgotten about it. It's a difficult combination of buttons for me to push all at once that's why I think I rarely have success, and I'm so used to kicking the ball as hard as I can. But that was pure awesome.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:00 PM   #18
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

That's pretty cool. Leaves me wondering what other hidden/unpublished controls might be in the game.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 09-13-2016, 08:31 PM   #19
Pro

Balrog's Arena

OVR: 14

My world has just changed.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:06 PM   #20
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

OVR: 0

ive used this a few times and it is amazing to get a punt to hit inside the 10 and roll and be downed inside the 5. it gives me a reason to recruit an accurate punter and not just a power kicker
Old 09-14-2016, 09:54 PM   #21
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

Another cool strategy to punting:
Punt a moonshot way up high, then run your gunner under the ball and hold L2 and R2 and Triangle at the same time.

This will effectively make your gunner turn, face the ball, AND catch it, downing it right there.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2016, 06:00 AM   #22
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Here's the best one I've had yet, and it was in a game.

I aim the punt high, (not the highest) and as for power, I go for the sweet spot or less, never full power or anywhere above the sweet spot bar. This was a short punt, so it was less than full power. Right when the ball is kicked I hold R1 and L1 and press down on the left stick. Usually they need to land near the 10 to have a chance to stay, this one landed much closer and just stuck.

Really awesome.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:05 PM   #23
Rookie

sXeInYoFace's Arena

OVR: 3

as cool as a find as this is, wouldnt it almost be like cheating? i understand that punters can control the way they kick the ball to attempt to make it bounce the way they prefer it to, but it doesnt always happen that way. to me, this is like if i press a certain pattern of buttons and move a stick, i can direct a pass or kick mid-flight like a remote control car. will the ball i press a bunch of buttons on to try to kick a back spin to dead end it inside the 5 yard line bounce backwards like it might in a real game and gain field position for the cpu ? or will it always bounce once and stop dead in its tracks? i know the cpu gets a lot of boosts to try to make a competitive game, but this seems a bit to unreal (is that even a word?) to me. but it is your game and you play it however you feel. this is just my 2 cents.

Last edited by sXeInYoFace; 11-13-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:08 AM   #24
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the punt accuracy of the punter. ive used punters that have 95 punt accuracy and they could get it to stop about 7 out of 10 times. and when ive used a punter with 70 punt accuracy I could only get it to be done about 3 out of 10 times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »